Oh good grief i've found my next perfume!!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A could smell it on a client who came into work yesterday, and i'm one of these people who doesn't sit on the fence so i asked her what perfume she had on?.

It's called Angel by Thierry Mugler. She said it's one of those perfumes that you either love it or hate it because a girl i work with said she loves it but on her it smells awful

Anyway she gave me the sample bottle that still had a few drops left in for me to try and i looooove it because i like strong perfumes.

Retail therapy on saturday me thinks!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I've never heard of it but if you like it I'm sure its lovely!
What kind of smells do you like? flowery ones or musky ones? Im more of a musky fan, Jean Paul Gautier and Cinema. Is musky the right word?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear perfume. I work in a scent free environment (Union rules). Plus I have mega allergies and normally perfume bothers me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I've never heard of it but if you like it I'm sure its lovely!
What kind of smells do you like? flowery ones or musky ones? Im more of a musky fan, Jean Paul Gautier and Cinema. Is musky the right word?
A bit of both really, because the flowery ones i wear are the strong ones such as Flower by Kenzo, Rive Gauche by YSL etc.. but i also wear Cliniques Aromatics which is a woody smell similar to Angel.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww its just like certain Chanels, it smells great on my mother but so ugly on me

I will have to look out for that brand susan i wanna smell it!!! Maybe its the one ive been looking for.. for a long long time

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i love tommy girl! also in the summer..
But for some reason the one in germany makes me smell funny compared to the australian version

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love that perfume (Angel)
I had it when I went to Germany years ago.. It is lovely though
it doesn't sit well on my skin, anymore, sadly. I wonder why that is?

The bottle (way back when was really cool.. a little blue star

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shall we send an all points bulletin to the local fragrance counters that Susan is on her way? CHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE!!!!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to wear angel, it smelt like chocolate on my skin but blackberries on my friend.

Now I wear Armani White, it's very sexy!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen Angel - the bottle always looks so pretty, but have never tried it. I now feel inspired

My all time favourite is Coco Chanel Mademoiselle and I wear that everyday - in fact hubby is off on an overseas trip soon, I feel the need for some Duty Free

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't smelled it before. Will have to look for it!

My favorites: Calyx by Prescriptives (smells like lilies of the valley), White Shoulders, Tommy Girl, Obsession and Opium.

emma79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to wear Angel all the time. I have gone off it though, I think I just outgrew it (not trying to insult anyone). Angel (at the time it was released, which is when I got it) was the only perfume in production that had no flowers in it. It has a blend of vanilla, sandalwood, and patchouli plus fruity notes of fresh citrus, melons, peaches, and plums.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother used to tell me that in her mothers younger days, she used to put vanilla behind both ears!!