Oh Dear......another stolen bed

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has happened before. I make a bed specially for a certain cat (not one of my own cats) and one of my cats will claim it. All but one bed over the years have made it to their original destinations anyway. (The red one you see them on all the time is the One That Didn't Get Away) But now this one...

I chose the color specifically for the cat. But every time I work on it, Queen Eva is all over it. And now, it's all but finished, just have to sew the top closed and she has Claimed it.

You know...I was thinking I made it a bit too small for Seymour anyway. Maybe I better start a new one for him. I don't have any more of that color though, so I'll have to adjust my mindset on that, too. Hmmmm.........

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do great work.
Maybe you can go to someone elses house and take all your sewing stuff with you and work on them there.

That's probably the only way it won't be "claimed" by one of your guys!

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's because you make such lovely, perfect cat beds, and your cats know it.

And, of course, they can't imagine that anything you do could be for anyone but them, little narcissistic personalities that cats are.

There is no solution. You're doomed!

Robin

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Eva just knows that green is the perfect color to offset her sleek black fur and lovely golden eyes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for looking, thanks for the compliments. And Queen Eva thanks you all for the support. Yes it is definitely HER bed.

Mazy has decided she likes it too.

I have found some nice navy blue fleece that I forgot I had, for Seymour's bed. It will go better with him anyway because he is a Blue kitty.

However I am beginning to think Queen Eva has something against Seymour. Last night I wanted to sew on the new bed while watching a movie. Queen Eva, who up until now has never bothered me while I sew would not leave the thread alone. And when she reached for the needle, with her MOUTH, I decided the project would have to wait.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, she IS the Queen, you know! And she rules with a velvet paw!

I like the idea of navy blue for Seymour.

See? It all worked out!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just aren't going to win this you know. You're out numbered.
you know a cat's motto---"What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine!" I'm just happy to see Queen Eva looking comfy cozy!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... too cute! As Cheryl said, Queen Eva has spoken, the beds are hers! Your sewing time is hers! HERS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

"Ohs...

Dis is for another cat?

Ok"

*doesn't move off of bed, falls asleep*

She sure is growing up!!!!

She is growing up and I feel a pang of sadness at the loss of her babyishness.

I was looking at her face last night. She's still very petite with a tiny face but it no longer is a kitten face, she has a cat face now, and she's only seven months old, wah wah!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

This has happened before. I make a bed specially for a certain cat (not one of my own cats) and one of my cats will claim it. All but one bed over the years have made it to their original destinations anyway. (The red one you see them on all the time is the One That Didn't Get Away) But now this one...

I chose the color specifically for the cat. But every time I work on it, Queen Eva is all over it. And now, it's all but finished, just have to sew the top closed and she has Claimed it.

You know...I was thinking I made it a bit too small for Seymour anyway. Maybe I better start a new one for him. I don't have any more of that color though, so I'll have to adjust my mindset on that, too. Hmmmm.........

Don't you know that EVERYTHING belongs to The Queen??? LOL!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is kinda sad when they grow up.... on the other hand, by then Iam SO SO SO glad that they are almost done with kitten things LOL. Zoomies at 4am, getting into everything, you know, the good stuff lol.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to know Eva is back to her usual antics. Pretty black kitty. She reminds me of Aya. Aya loves to claim my sewing projects too and is none to shy about declaring something 'hers'. Do be careful with those needles and thread though... Last thing she needs ias more expensive vet bills!