Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree..

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is Lily's obsession with the Christmas tree?? We just got it up last night, and she will not leave it alone. It was cute last year, when she was a kitten, (I told her no then too) but this year shes not a little kitten, shes a a 10+ lb bozo. Shes climbing in it, trying to chew the fake needles, hitting the ornaments, and attacking the tree.  She has countless trees outside to climb on, but this one is obviously so much more interesting. When i catch her in the tree I'm going to try to get pictures and upload them. At least so far, Callie has shown no interest.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

What is Lily's obsession with the Christmas tree?? We just got it up last night, and she will not leave it alone. It was cute last year, when she was a kitten, (I told her no then too) but this year shes not a little kitten, shes a a 10+ lb bozo. Shes climbing in it, trying to chew the fake needles, hitting the ornaments, and attacking the tree.  She has countless trees outside to climb on, but this one is obviously so much more interesting. When i catch her in the tree I'm going to try to get pictures and upload them. At least so far, Callie has shown no interest.
No lumberjack in this world can fell a Christmas tree as fast as a 10+ lb feline bozo! 
 Pictures please. It'll drive you crazy but it's so darn cute.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We definitely want pictures! I think cats believe Christmas trees are novel cat trees with lots of fascinating cat toys, just for them. This will be Mogli's first Christmas with us, and I'm sort of dreading how he'll be with the tree. The ornaments are pretty kitty-resistant, but he'll probably destroy the tree itself. I'll probably put it up and leave it undecorated for a couple of days just to be sure.

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when I brought home my stray in Oct of 2007 I never considered the Xmas tree...so in Dec I set the artificial tree up one evening thinking I would decorate it the following day..woke up the next day and not only was the tree on its side, almost every branch was bent downward..so much for Xmas trees a few years later I rescued another cat and since he is more of a climber I figured it was best not to so a tree..