Oh boy! She did it on purpose.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Whoa!
You should ask some questions and get more information instead of just blasting away.

First of all, I don't believe the OP told us her daughter's age, you're just assuming she's a young girl who cannot be held responsible for her own actions. Even if she is young, the fact that she knew exactly when she could get pregnant does not indicate coercion. I would say that it indicates the OP is a responsible parent who educated her daughter in the realities of life. I wish more people would do that. I see far to many pregnant teenager who never even considered it could happen to them.

You also need to learn more about autism. Many autistic people are highly intelligent. Their brains function differently from the majority of people but it does not mean they are slower or less capable.
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Why not?

This is the Lounge, people are welcome to share and discuss what they feel comfortable in doing

It's not all about cats.....
to both posts.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

First off, she is MILDLY autistic, very mild.
Why even mention she is autistic? I keep re-reading your post and I can't figure out if you are asking for vibes, help, advice or to brag? I wish the best for that baby.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
badgeygirl - Do you mind me asking what type of autism she was diagnosed with? I'll hazard a guess myself at either high functioning, aspergers, PPD, or NLD if she's as mild as you claim.

If so, or even if not, have you ever found or heard of the WrongPlanet forums? You might find people who are more understanding there.

For those that don't know, those that are very high functioning are, as said, pretty much normal people. The only thing that really becomes a problem for them is some day to day responsibilities that many take for granted - like paying bills, living on their own, or even holding down a job. Some other differences are varying degrees of social ineptitude/missing non verbal cues, not making eye contact, fidgeting/stimming - depending on how well one controls it in public, and the area of interests that are very much like obsessions - a person may know all about a specific thing(s).

Very likely some of you have met people who are autistic. Unless you spend a lot of time around them you probably won't notice or just think they're a little eccentric.

badgeygirl - Whichever way this goes, I wish you good luck. I'm sure your daughter's heart was in the right place. Again, check out WrongPlanet and similar communities if you wish to find individuals who are more understanding - as many say, neurotypicals don't get it.

As for how I know about WP - I could probably get an AS diagnosis if I decided to pursue it..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

badgeygirl - Do you mind me asking what type of autism she was diagnosed with? I'll hazard a guess myself at either high functioning, aspergers, PPD, or NLD if she's as mild as you claim.

If so, or even if not, have you ever found or heard of the WrongPlanet forums? You might find people who are more understanding there.

For those that don't know, those that are very high functioning are, as said, pretty much normal people. The only thing that really becomes a problem for them is some day to day responsibilities that many take for granted - like paying bills, living on their own, or even holding down a job. Some other differences are varying degrees of social ineptitude/missing non verbal cues, not making eye contact, fidgeting/stimming - depending on how well one controls it in public, and the area of interests that are very much like obsessions - a person may know all about a specific thing(s).

Very likely some of you have met people who are autistic. Unless you spend a lot of time around them you probably won't notice or just think they're a little eccentric.

badgeygirl - Whichever way this goes, I wish you good luck. I'm sure your daughter's heart was in the right place. Again, check out WrongPlanet and similar communities if you wish to find individuals who are more understanding - as many say, neurotypicals don't get it.

As for how I know about WP - I could probably get an AS diagnosis if I decided to pursue it..
She was diagnosed as AS (Asberger's) and yes she's a little eccentric. I'm not looking for more understanding. But I might turn her onto WrongPlanet and see if she wants to join it.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who has asperger's, he is in college about to graduate with an engineering degree at the top of his class and just got diagnosed although he has had this his entire life without knowing...so it's not like this type of autism is what we typically think of autism where we have an adult who is at the mental state of a child..
I think your daughter acted a little immaturely (I'm assuming she's an adult)..I don't think it's very wise to make such decisions without discussing thoroughly with you and your husband. But I hope it all turns out for the best