Oh Boy it's SNOWING! Who loves the snow?!

catmom marcia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't mind it but not this soon.  Here in Southeast Virginia we usually get snow a few times but not until January or February and only a couple inches at a time.  One year we only had 1/2 inch and another year we had over 10 inches.  We never know.  I hate the hot sticky summers here but the relatively mild winters are not bad.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even polar bears don't like it that cold.  :cold:   :lol3:
Haha, I think 20 degrees is too hot for polar bears! All that fur, ya know. . .

It's 20 degrees today and super windy (I think they said 40 mph?). I'd be OK with just the temp but the wind is icy and makes it very unpleasant.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw this on the news this morning.  It's in Montreal, a cop car and a truck with a blade that was spreading salt got involved.

ReallySleepy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I just saw this on the news this morning.  It's in Montreal, a cop car and a truck with a blade that was spreading salt got involved.
Tell me, have they not heard about chains or studded tires in Montreal? Even what we call winter tires would have prevented this calamity.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very few people here get snow tires. And chains and studs are illegal on most roads most of the time (they really tear the roads up). I guess you just drive carefully. . .? I usually get new tires (just regular all-weather tires) in October or November so they'll be fresh for the winter but I don't get special snow tires.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Tell me, have they not heard about chains or studded tires in Montreal? Even what we call winter tires would have prevented this calamity.
I just Googled, because I remember reading that winter tires were mandatory in Quebec starting a few years ago.  However, per Google, it's only mandatory from Dec 15 to March 15, so possibly some people don't have them on yet. 

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/road-safety/behaviours/adapting-your-driving/winter-driving/