Odd symptoms

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitten Sulley is 5 months old and recently I’ve noticed a few things that make me wonder if something is up with his health. He was adopted from a shelter and is neutered and current on all vaccinations, dewormed and deflead. When we first adopted him in July he had an URI that we treated with antibiotics . He actually stayed with the vet for a couple days in a humidified room while his breathing got better and when we went to pick him up the vet took his temperature and it was normal. He has always seemed to me to be warmer to the touch than normal, much warmer than our other cat when he’s lying on my lap. Most recently I’ve noticed he seems to shiver sometimes when the room is not cold and wants to crawl under blankets or snuggle into us. His fur is really short but not so much so that he should be feeling cold. I’ve also noticed a decrease in his crazy kitten antics, he seems to be much more sedate than I’m used to from him. His appetite is good, but not as ravenous as usual and he is pottying normally. He occasionally will shake his head and flick his ears like something is bothering him but his ears look normal, no redness or build up. I noticed he gulps sometimes too. He grooms our other longer haired cat constantly and has thrown up some hairballs. Maybe he’s just not feeling well from a not yet ejected hairball? I guess what I’m wondering is if these seemingly unrelated things might compile to indicate a singular issue that I should be aware of?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - in the short term, can you give him a small/baby t-shirt to wear, like people who have hairless cats do for them?

Could he be having dental or mouth/throat issues?
He grooms our other longer haired cat constantly and has thrown up some hairballs.
Do you have any hairball treats or hairball control supplements? Can you groom the other cat more frequently so that he doesn't ingest so much hair?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought some laxatone gel today to start giving him and my other kitty for hairballs. He doesn’t seems to have any mouth pain- he licks us, head butts constantly and eats with no hesitation both his wet food and treats. I have a small dog sweater I can try out on him and I also ordered a self heating mat to put in his favorite sleeping spot to make it warmer for him.