Odd pair of symptoms: excess sneezing, base of tail raised

Grillagardnr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does any one have a clue? Mama started having increased sneezing fits for several days, then walking around with just the base of her tail raised. She was obviously in pain when I picked her up, and showed a disinclanation to sit. Her appetite is okay; she is devouring wet cat food (usually a treat) bathing and come out of hiding, which is good, but I'm still concerned. Any one have a clue?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CAN she lift her tail? Just the tail base raising and not wanting to sit points to a tail injury. She could have fallen on it, etc. My Dutch did that and it took several days for it to heal enough for him to raise it. As long as she keeps eating and is not hiding that is good. Watch her litterbox, sometimes a tail injury injures the nerves that control bowel functions. If she quits pooping or peeing, get her in right away. In the meantime observe her and make sure she is making progress. You could take a picture and E-mail it to your vet, maybe ask about an antiinflammatory/pain med. DO NOT give human meds unless specifically told to by your vet, many can really harm/kill a cat.