Odd or Normal?

willowthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found my cat Spaz near the woods (I'm guessing abandoned) He was just a little black and white tuxedo kitten with normal colors. Soon enough on both sides in between his front and back legs, became a grey/white. After maybe 2 months like this his fur turned back to black with only a few grey/white hairs. Is this normal for a mix? (Sorry I don't have a pic I'll try to get one)

thekittykeepers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's normal to see fur color changes, especially in the first 6 months. Not sure what your concerned about, are you worried about his health, or appearance? Yes, pictures would be very helpful, especially those showing before and after. Otherwise, we are completely unable to give you any helpful information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willowthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to know if it was normal and kinda for health reasons too thanks though and I'll try to get pics tomarrow

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's called a fever coat. . .usually it's from the mama cat having a fever while the kitten is in the womb but I imagine it could be caused by the kitten getting sick too. I would guess he had some kind of illness before you found him.

Last edited:

willowthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was starving so he could have gotten an illness easily from that. He wasn't even weaned and we had no idea what to do so we gave him a hook and he ate it.

willowthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He could have being starving and all