Odd kitten out

takeonme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I visited my friends place last night and saw their new kittens.

The mother is black and white blotched tabby. Her mother is the same. They don't know the father of the new kittens.

2 of the kittens are blotched black and white only like the mother
2 are black, white, and a bit of orange blotched tabby
But one of them is completely grey.

Is it possible to deduce what breed the father could have been?

Cheers

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this is not a papered cat it is a mixed breed/moggie.. The father would be the same... Please realize this Mommy cat should be spayed ASAP

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by takeonme

I visited my friends place last night and saw their new kittens.

The mother is black and white blotched tabby. Her mother is the same. They don't know the father of the new kittens.

2 of the kittens are blotched black and white only like the mother
2 are black, white, and a bit of orange blotched tabby
But one of them is completely grey.

Is it possible to deduce what breed the father could have been?

Cheers
Do you mean you want to know what color the father was? If he was some random cat he probably wasn't actually any specific breed.

It is hard to tell what color they are by your descriptions, as they are not the "official" terms used with cats. If a cat looks grey it is probably blue but could be black smoke etc... It's hard to figure out what they look like from your descriptions.

If you can check out this website about cat colors and find out what the colors are actually called, and then post those color names it might be helpful:
http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/intro.htm

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

There no such thing as....."blotched".
Actually blotched is another term for classic tabby, remember the whole world does not use US terms

The 'breed' of the father would be domestic long or shorthair

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Actually blotched is another term for classic tabby, remember the whole world does not use US terms

The 'breed' of the father would be domestic long or shorthair
Blotched black and white makes me think of a merle dog, and I don't think cats come in that patterning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

takeonme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all your replies! The mother has similar colours to this

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...429,r:22,s:137

The kittens look like this, some have ginger patches and some don't

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...t:429,r:11,s:0

However, one of the kittens is coloured like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1251&bih=780

I was thinking the dad could have been a Russian Blue? But then would the other kittens have been coloured black/white/ginger?

I will try and get photos the next time i'm there. And I will suggest the cat be spayed.

Thanks.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blotched black tabby could also be brown classic tabby. In fifÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] there is blotched black tabbies (as that's what they genetically are, not brown).
I'm assuming the grey means blue (and not silver or 'bad' brown tabby).
If this is correct, we then know that the father was either a red or a cream dsh/dlh which may or may not have tabby patterns and white in him.
I think you have 3 boys and 2 girls in the litter. (Girls being the ones with red in them). Pics could sure help.

*edit* Saw the pics, so the one kitten is definitely blue. Nothing odd there, it just means that the parents carry dilution which dilutes the black to blue.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all there is no such thing as a black & white blotched tabby. What you have (what the mother is) is a BROWN classic tabby and white (very dark brown).

You are looking at a possible 2 fathers of the kittens - one of them is red tabby (orange) and the other is probably a black or blue (grey)

Brown tabbies are genetically a black cat. Mom and dad either have to be carrying the dilute (blue) or one of them be a dilute.

The one with the red in it should be a female as its brown/red like a tortie. The others can be either sex.