Odd hobby time!

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so curious if anyone has any "odd" hobbies?
I know a lot about tillandsia plants and my sport is archery (only on targets no animals of course)
I used to do SFX makeup. Now I just play games and watch a lot of gamestreams xD
What are yours?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keeping a mystery snail tank that has marimo moss balls as well - the tank conditions for each are extremely similar :loveeyes:
Cool! I wanted to get snails once but I don't think I could get myself to destroy the eggs. We have a moss ball as well! It has been in a closed jar for about 8 years...

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, the railroads used 'date nails' to tell when to replace the crossties. Each nail had the year either raised above or stamped into the nailhead. I would pull the nails from discarded ties left along the tracks, and my oldest one is from 1917. Unfortunately, they stopped using that system many years ago, so the only place they may be found is along abandoned lines where the rails have yet to be pulled up.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't call this odd, but it is rather uncommon for women, but I play pool (billiards) and am in a league. I actually entered my very first tournament a couple weeks ago (Scotch Doubles) and took home second place!!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I metal detect which is sort of an odd hobby. I have been doing it since 2007 although I don’t get out nearly as much as I used to.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't call this odd, but it is rather uncommon for women, but I play pool (billiards) and am in a league. I actually entered my very first tournament a couple weeks ago (Scotch Doubles) and took home second place!!!!
Cool! I play pool as a girl with my girlfriend and my brother pretty often. It's a lot of fun! Great job on second place

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
your lucky day then :lol:i know a few members get spooked seeing a big tarantula picture. so i decided not to post any pictures of them
Some people have ailuriphobia and cynophobia too but we post pictures of cats and dogs respectivly on here. How is that any different?

Im not sure its exactly odd but I like to sew and knit maybe odd for a millennial I guess. Most people I know who have this hobby are 50+.

My sport is horseback riding.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
your lucky day then :lol:i know a few members get spooked seeing a big tarantula picture. so i decided not to post any pictures of them
Hahaha phew. No it would be okay! Somehow I love watching videos of people with reptiles, snakes and spiders

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy spending time learning languages. I have racked up four so far on Duolingo - Dutch, Spanish, Korean and Irish - and I’m looking into learning Arabic too. I can learn multiple languages on the same go and don’t have too much trouble juggling with them all at once.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy spending time learning languages. I have racked up four so far on Duolingo - Dutch, Spanish, Korean and Irish - and I’m looking into learning Arabic too. I can learn multiple languages on the same go and don’t have too much trouble juggling with them all at once.
Cool! Where are you originally from? I'm dutch and I can't imagine it being an easy language to learn

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! Where are you originally from? I'm dutch and I can't imagine it being an easy language to learn
I’m born and raised in England but my family are from Ireland originally. I have found Dutch words themselves easy to memorise, but sentence forming and verb conjugation much more tricky!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately, the only hobby I have is washing the dishes.:lol:
Seriously though, in between taking care of my mom, I play video games.
Used to have hobbies, but as they say '---- happens'