Odd cat behavior

princessthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings, this is my first post, so forgive me if I have posted this question in the incorrect place or if I did not follow proper protocol with regards to posting... About our cat:
Princess is 11 months old, and we got her spay in early June 2015.... Prior to her being spay, she was a loving cat to my boyfriend and he loved playing with her and she loved his affection.... She got spay and was discombobulated for a couple days afterwards (which is understandable/expected) no behavior difference was noticed at that time (although boyfriend wasn't able to come by as much for a couple weeks afterwards) .... Fast forward 3 weeks after spay, she went to the vet for flea medication (capstar) ; this is when we noticed the problems ... Every time my boyfriend comes in she starts hissing and growling... He tries to have her smell him and then she will warm up no problems... If he gets up to watch television when he comes back from the kitchen the cat hisses (she never advances, but hisses and snarles nonetheless)... Ever since then, every time he is around she will hiss at him or myself even my Daughter.... Could it be something from the spay or flea meds? Has anybody heard of something like this? Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... (Princess was adopted as a kitty, so there would be little to no chance she was abused by a male figure, unless it was at vet..)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm...  Have you phoned your vet to see what they think?  I'm hesitant to susupect it was her spay.  it's been long enough now that any hormones in her system should be calming down.  I'm really not sure what could be the cause of this!  

How often is your boyfriend around?  Is he around other animals?  Does he work around things that would leave a strong scent on him?  Has anything else changed?  

I would have your boyfriend stay interactive with her.  Let him feed her if he is there around a meal time.  He can give treats or bring out special toys like Da Bird or a laser pointer.  Hopefully she will start to associate him with positive things and the hissing will diminish!