October fall pics

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last month I posted some "late summer/early fall flowers" pictures. Well, it's fall now - and just the STRANGEST season this year! It went from summer to fall overnight. This weekend is the first hint of an "Indian Summer" with sun and 70/80 degree weather. We didn't get the snow others have, but it's generally been in the 40s at night, and have had several in the 30s.

You can see yellow, and SOME reds and oranges... but mostly, it's either dark green, not having changed yet - or just already bare trees.

Here's a picture of the trail today:

And some of the colors along the way, though most of the colors weren't on the trees, they were on the ground LOL.

Those beautiful red berries!

I have to look up to find out what these are. Some type of wild aster????

And pink, to go with the purple LOL

Finally, a late blooming cornflower:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty flowers! We have some trees turning red about 40 minutes north of me. It was the strangest thing to me because around my house everything is very green still. Except one tree at my neighbor's house that went yellow and started shedding leaves a few weeks ago. Our peek is normally late October to early November anyway. I honestly don't think we have good falls here for that aspect. When I grew up in Upstate NY the hills and mountains would look like a gorgeous quilt of colors. Here we get more yellows or we get one color at a time. Kind of blah. We do have more flowering tress in the spring though. That is nice!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What pretty pictures! I like your photography, Laurie.

Remember last week I had put flannel sheets on the bed? Well, this weekend, we've had temps in the low 80s and at night, we've had the windows open again. I'm not complaining....I'll take it.

Our black walnut tree has lost all of its leaves now; it's the last tree in the spring to leaf out and the first tree to lose them in the fall. We don't have a lot of color yet, although we've noticed some golds and reds in the trees in the yard.

We have plans to go to Connecticut at the end of the month, but I'm afraid the leaves will have already changed by then.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What very pretty pictures
. I just love Cornflower, one of my favorites!! I think wild flowers are just the best and so very beautiful because they grow naturally without any help, just amazing.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my. Beautiful pics. How cool to have a trail like that near you.

I keep waiting for the trees to turn in Central Park. It always looks so gorgeous when they do. There's one tree in particular that turns so bright yellow it's like it casts its own glow. I'll try to get a pic of it.

I remember a few years ago being up at Lake George for 5 months doing a play. Being in the Adirondacks, when the leaves started turning it was breathtaking! We took a ride over to Vermont and drove through the mountains - it was like looking at a big bowl of Trix cereal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how much of the fall colors we're going to get this year. Some trees are turning, but mostly the seem to just go from green to empty so far!

Lauren, the cornflower is my favorite flower!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good pictures

The leaves around here pretty much suck. Not to many of them turned. Very bad fall season this year

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful pictures!
Thank you for sharing. Do you know what the red berries are? They look good enough to eat...

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely beautiful and looks very similar around here.
I would be PERFECTLY happy with it staying nice and warm so that the trees stay green though.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh the fall weather is finally here! I love every bit of it! Our trees are still pretty much green, but right down the street there are some gorgeous yards full of red, orange, and yellow leaves. Why don't we all post pics of fall where we are? It would be interesting to see the different locations.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

Ahhh the fall weather is finally here! I love every bit of it! Our trees are still pretty much green, but right down the street there are some gorgeous yards full of red, orange, and yellow leaves. Why don't we all post pics of fall where we are? It would be interesting to see the different locations.
Good idea!
Here are 2 of the lake near my parents home.

Any one else got some pretty pictures??

cami&thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would love to go hiking around there! Nothing as pretty as that down here.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by LDG.
Last month I posted some "late summer/early fall flowers" pictures. Well, it's fall now - and just the STRANGEST season this year! It went from summer to fall overnight. This weekend is the first hint of an "Indian Summer" with sun and 70/80 degree weather. We didn't get the snow others have, but it's generally been in the 40s at night, and have had several in the 30s.
That sounds like the type of fall we've been having here in MN, and it's been a lot drier than normal too. In early September it was suddenly feeling like October and stayed that way. Once we actually got into the month of October, it felt like summer again for about 10 days, and now it's suddenly back to feeling like fall. And I've heard that it's going to be a really bad winter this year too. I hope that prediction is wrong.

P.S. I'm really enjoying all the fall pictures in this thread.