Ocicat?

livinwithloucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of I'd like to say that I understand that since my cat came from a shelter and doesn't have any official papers(besides the ones the shelter gave me) he is not a purebreed. One day I came across a picture of an Ocicat, and it seems to me that my Lou-cat might be an ocicat, or at least have some of that breed in him...

He seems to have all the correct markings except the fact that the spots on his torso are not as contrasty and seem blurred..

this is Lou-cat:

Ocicat:

What do yous guys think?

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, I'm Sadie, a 6-month-old hot chocolate spotted Ocicat. I'm sorry, but I don't think your Lou-cat is an Ocicat. But, he's still a real looker!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livinwithloucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I just looked up a bit more info on the breed and it seems, that he his marks are not prominent enough, and too close together, so you can't really see the background. hehe.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't just go by color either. Yours doesn't seem to have the same face shape or body shape as an Ocicat. I am just going by pictures, I have never actually seen one in person.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, your little boy is quite handsome! I do not however think he's an ocicat- i think he is an orange tabbie dsh

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry but I don't see any resemblance to Ocicats. Just remember there are 4 kinds of tabbys in DSH - classic (bullseye) or blotched, mackeral (stripes like the fish), spotted (like yours), and abysinian or ticked tabby.

Looks like a very nice cream colored spotted tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livinwithloucat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You can't just go by color either. Yours doesn't seem to have the same face shape or body shape as an Ocicat. I am just going by pictures, I have never actually seen one in person.
I wasn't just going by color. I was going by a few different traits actually. Don't be so quick to assume. =)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellington - unless its the shadows, the cat appears to be a CREAM tabby. Doesn't seem to have that red look IMO. Maybe another picture would clarify, but I'd call it a cream, not a red.

Now that you mentioned it, the stipes do appear more mack then spotted. And broken mackeral can have spots

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by livinwithloucat

I wasn't just going by color. I was going by a few different traits actually. Don't be so quick to assume. =)
Ok sorry, you didn't mention anything about his features, just his color and markings so I figured that was all you were going by. He is a hansome guy though.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by livinwithloucat

First of I'd like to say that I understand that since my cat came from a shelter and doesn't have any official papers(besides the ones the shelter gave me) he is not a purebreed. One day I came across a picture of an Ocicat, and it seems to me that my Lou-cat might be an ocicat, or at least have some of that breed in him...

He seems to have all the correct markings except the fact that the spots on his torso are not as contrasty and seem blurred..

this is Lou-cat:

Ocicat:

What do yous guys think?
I can't see the photo of your cat could you post another please?