Ocicat pictures uploaded/fixed

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Celest,

Your husband would love either C. Rex or Oci's - they both are very people oriented and very active. I think you should adopt a pet ocicat for your husband's birthday
I think he would like that, then mabey I can get my rex, LOL! His birthday is in july, I should check into getting on a waitting list, he really liked them

I would love to get a kitten as a gift, so he may too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remember when we go pick up Charlie, I can ask her which oci breeders she recommends on the east coast since you are in Maine

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If I remember when we go pick up Charlie, I can ask her which oci breeders she recommends on the east coast since you are in Maine
Thank-you.
I have been looking into rescues for rex lately, I don't care if they are pets or adults, I am not looking to breed or show, so retired breeders, or rescues will be fine. I think the same for oci's, but I have never seen any rescues for them. But, if she can recomend a breeder near me with kittens or retired breeders, I would like that!

Only thing with older cats, I have cats and a 4 year old, so if they have been properly socialized and not agressive with children I wouldn't hestiatate to have an older cat, just as long as it will be good with my babies, (oh and my furless baby too!)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know when I was looking for the oci, I web searched a few breeders on the coast (plus south/west coast) - closest oci breeder to us in MN was in IN or MI - can't remember.

But their websites do have retired adults for sale from time to time - mainly females tho. If you are not too picky regarding color, you'll probably find one quicker then we did. FBRL (retired friends) has a few ocis on there (again, mainly female). FBRL's website is:

http://www.breedlist.com/retired/index.html

The oci's are:

http://www.breedlist.com/retired/oci-ret.html

They don't have any oci's that would fit your house right now, but you can bookmark to check later

I'll see who Nancy suggests. They do have an oci rescue but rarely do they have any to be rescued
Good thing I guess

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any prefrence really, I would take any color/sex that was a fit for my family. Although, for some reason I do like males and usually get them, so if I do go with a kitten I think I would choose a male, I don't care about color, they are all so beautiful! I do expect more retired females then males, I have sold every male kitten I have had as a pet, (I have only sold 2 females to established catteries, I prefer to sell just pets) I could have several females and as long as they aren't related to the stud, he can breed them all so there are more retired females then males, so that's ok, I wouldn't mind a female, I love all my girls. Up until I raised them I have only had 2 females, the rest have been males (dogs and horses too.) Thank-you for helping in directing me, it's ok that they don't have a fit for me now, I will be more interested in the summer then now any way.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 10 more days and Charlie comes home!

Should I start putting red X's on the calendar?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Only 10 more days and Charlie comes home!

Should I start putting red X's on the calendar?
of course ... you have to start his baby book