Obscene amount of hair!!!

marleyandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got done brushing my cats and my youngest Miles had TONS of loose hair. I noticed clumps on the floor when I got home and decided I better give him a brush. I couldnt believe what was coming out of his coat!!! He is about 10 or 11 mo old and this certinally isnt the first time hes been brushed. Ive got tiny bits here and there from him but this was almost worriesome. I probably got 2 big hand fulls from him. He is between short and medium hair but his coat is very plush and thick. I got 3x as much from him as I did my DLH. do you think this is something to worry about or just the time of year and he is shedding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marleyandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
iI should add that its not coming out in patches, just everywhere, he still has lots of hair and no bald spots or rashes or anything...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Spring, and cats molt as the weather gets warmer.

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You only got 2 handfuls?! In Spring?? You are lucky - my cats usually let loose at least 5 handfuls of fuzz when I brush them in this Spring shedding season. I wouldn't worry at all if I were you, especially as you say there are no bald patches or rashes