Obnoxiously Vocal

cyndeeburgess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My almost 4 month old kitten, Milton, is the most vocal cat I have ever been around. She has decided that yelling at me for 10 mins when I get home is necessary. Also talks constantly. She always has food and water and a clean litter box. But she does stay in my room unless I bring her out (I have alot of roommates and doors get left open often...i dont want her getting out) she also YOWELS super loud if I go out of my room and she can hear me. I thought that was the only time but I recently found out its ANYTIME she hears a voice out of my room. Is she lonely?

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She could be lonely....and, are you talking back to her when she talks to you? That will encourage her to keep talking.

So, of I understand this correctly, she lives in your room and isn't allowed out into the rest of the house? If that is the case, she may be unhappy being confined to such a small space, especially when she hears people talking....if she is social, she probably wants to hang out with them too.

If it is possible for her to increase her space and spend more time with other people, she might quiet down and be more content.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyndeeburgess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well she does stay in my room but that os because she will get let out if she is in the rest of the house. And I do always ask her what?! When she yells at me lol

ichini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Milton may just be a very vocal cat. A lot of them have a lot to say.

But as far as the loud yowling when you or anyone else is out talking in the room, that may just be a loneliness/age thing. My baby Ichi is also 4 months old, and we are almost always in the room with him, but when we are in the living room he gets SO loud and SO upset. When we come back in he immediately craves attention. 

Maybe get him some more things to make him feel less lonely and give him more attention and space to keep himself occupied. 

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Spanky gets very vocal when the windows are open. He escaped outside a couple of times and the smell of the outdoors sets him off to want to go out again. Spanky is vocal to begin with, but it seems that he yeowls louder and more often when he really wants something from me. I agree with others, it sounds like your kid wants something from you and talks to you to let you know about it.

cyndeeburgess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need to get her more toys I guess. Lol I really yhink she is just vocal. I guess its somethinh I have to deal with haha. Cauae I love her and dont plan on getting rid of h her. Haha or I will get her a friend

cyndeeburgess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not that I know of BUT very well could be by how much she talks