Oatmeal

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys like it? I've been trying to eat healthier, but gees, it just does't do much for me. It took me an hour to eat mine this morning.........(but hey, if it helps lower the cholestrol, I guess I can eat it)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just added some sweet n low to it.........maybe fruit would help!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should try the banna bread kind they make! Yum, and maple and brown sugar is good too!! You just have to find a flavor you like. My mom hated it at first to but found banana walnut and loves it now!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

You should try the banna bread kind they make! Yum, and maple and brown sugar is good too!! You just have to find a flavor you like. My mom hated it at first to but found banana walnut and loves it now!
Well, I'm going for the best nutrition.......is this a bar that they make Brandi?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to eat oatmeal too Susie, but most days I'm not successful
I have 2 or 3 boxes at my desk- maple and brown sugar, apples and cinnamon and raisins and spice (i buy the store brand, tastes just the same to me) but toaster pastries are soooo much better!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I've had the banana kind too and boy, is it yummy!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I've had the banana kind too and boy, is it yummy!!!
Is this like a breakfast bar Katie?

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love oatmeal cooked on the stove. I mix in a little milk, salt and brown sugar. Then when it's done, I add a little more milk and brown sugar and enjoy.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Is this like a breakfast bar Katie?
they might make in a bar, but I've had, like Brandi said, the instant packet kind- its by Quaker and its part of their Bakery classics line- actually I just went to their website and they DO have Banana bread in the bars and also in weight control! that's the kind I need

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always liked oatmeal. My grandmother used to cook it on the stove for me when I was little. Quaker has out some new instant packets called Nutrition for Women. One packet has 50% of your daily calcium requirement. The flavor I buy is vanilla cinnamon. I eat one packet of oatmeal per day. Toaster pastries may taste yummy, but as far as Weight Watcher points go, they are not a good choice for me.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eat steel cut oats ... I love them but they dont love me...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I have always liked oatmeal. My grandmother used to cook it on the stove for me when I was little. Quaker has out some new instant packets called Nutrition for Women. One packet has 50% of your daily calcium requirement. The flavor I buy is vanilla cinnamon. I eat one packet of oatmeal per day. Toaster pastries may taste yummy, but as far as Weight Watcher points go, they are not a good choice for me.
I second the vote for the Quaker Nutrition for Women. That is the only one I can stomach. They also have added soy protein.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it with blueberries and maple syrup (tastes like blueberry pancakes!) or bananas and walnuts and maple syrup (tastes like banana nut bread). Plain oatmeal definitely isn't my thing.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal is the best. Yummy. I've also heard cinnamon apple is pretty good. When I was a kid though nothing was better than oatmeal with sugar and milk.

Oh and my Uncle and Dad both eat it raw. I find that really strange but they both like it that way so you might try that. I don't like it raw but who knows maybe others will like it.

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care for the instant kind. I like the original cook on the stove type.

I really like oatmeal with toast, but I admit, I have to put lots of sugar on it. I like it really sweet.

The steel cut, like Sharky mentioned is supposed to be the best for you.

------ > The book "You, The Owners Manual" is a great book for health info.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeanor

I don't care for the instant kind. I like the original cook on the stove type.
I don't like the instant packets either. I buy Quaker in the big cardboard box, and cook it in the microwave, following the package directions. I make several servings at once. Just be sure to use a tall bowl, because it is best once it comes to a big foaming boil.

Then scoop some out, add some milk and brown sugar or sweet-n-low. But to really make it yummy, add frozen blueberries or some other fruit. Or cinnamon or a bit of vanilla. Cover the leftovers with a layer of milk and refridgerate...you can reheat it the next day.

I LOVE oatmeal!

You can also buy a Quaker Oat prepared cereal...it probably isn't as healty as regular oats, but if you don't like it you won't keep eating it.
My kids add gummy bears or sugar sprinkles (cookie decorations) on the oatmeal to make it more fun.

P.S. You can add flavored yogurt to it for a creamy treat!