O.K. Ladies

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colby:

I am, for the record, LMAO!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: As was the person who wrote that copy!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
seriously though Deb, I think I'm going to do it because they promise a pleasant epilation experience.

I'm sold!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for you, Colby, I broke out the doodad today and its accompanying literature to research just what meant by "pain reduction technology".

They talk about the epilation discs being made of gold, which is (and I quote directly from them) "a very forgiving metal". Well, duh, I'm a woman, I know that already. Nothing makes me forgive faster than a nice new piece of 14k jewelry.

I am at the point where I dread seeing a reply to this thread in my mailbox. My sides hurt from laughing.

My final word to you is I think you'll like it.

And to Blue, seriously, buy the Venus 3 razor. I haven't had so much as a nick yet. I think it's "spaz proof". Also, splurge the extra couple of bucks and get some good shaving cream. I recommend Gillette's Satin Care. The soap thing just doesn't cut it.

And to all of you men who can't help but pry into this thread, why is it that 2 or 3 days beard growth should be understood because that daily shaving is such a stressful experience, but let a woman have 30 minutes worth of leg stubble and it's "ew!"?

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been watching one of the commercials about a spray made from citrus that you can put on your underarms, legs, and for the men, on the chest. You spray it and then wipe it with a towel. I want to try it.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Deb,
I use the Venus razor.. its not totally spaz proof. I've cut myself a few times with it. However, I have never shaved without cutting myself. EVER! *sigh* I'm the worlds worst with a razor. My boyfriend is constantly saying "Honey, you should be more careful". The Venus does give the legs a really close shave and make your legs silky smooth though.

However, you may be correct Deb. Maybe it is spaz-proof. It seems that I'm the only person that can tackle the "impossible" things. My mother once had an "unbreakable bowl". Guess what? I broke it. I got my head stuck in the stairs once. It was impossible to pull it back out.. they had to cut the stairs. After they did that I tried it again..my head wouldn't even fit through to get stuck. Don't ask me how I did it. So, I guess I'm an exception to the rule! :LOL:

--Cassandra
"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." --Plato

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb25...you are a Riot! You need to become a stand-up comedienne or a comedy writer!:laughing2 Poor Lily jumped off my lap 4 times while I was reading (and laughing at) this thread! (she returned 20 seconds later though, naturally)

Have never heard of that Emjoi contraption...gold eh? Slap a couple Diamonds on it and I'll be Forgiving too!

Cleo

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the most interesting thread I have ever read in any forum. Kinda feels like i'm at a slumber party.
:tounge2:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie....you got your head stuck in the stairs???.....and then after they cut you out you tried it again??????? Wow....you are my kind of person! :laughing:
Glad you have joined us here!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nitecrawlr:

Hey, it's good to see you back (even if it is on this thread). How's the cat bite? Did you see the doctor?

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
Nitecrawlr:

Hey, it's good to see you back (even if it is on this thread). How's the cat bite? Did you see the doctor?
Didn't see the doctor. Everything turned out o.k. Was talking to the neighbor and she told me that the same cat bit her. She went to the doctor and tested out fine. Had Tiki outside on a leash. She was sitting under a tree and he came up to her (when I was inside) and sat beside her. No aggression whatsoever. He can't be that bad if he treats Tiki well.

nc

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate shaving too. Lately I've been using Nair. It stinks, it gives the inside of my arms a rash (just from the contact of putting the stuff on my legs that is), and it's sort of messy, but it is quicker and easier than shaving.

I've used wax, and it doesn't bother me as far as pain goes, but it takes a long time, and I can usually only stand to do a few strips on my legs before I get bored with it and give up. But those hairless strips stay hairless for months. If I could afford to have my legs done prfessionally, I would. And Nads is just about the same as wax--don't let those informercials fool you.

Electric razors just don't give a close enough shave, and those things that PULL the hair out are SO PAINFUL! Way more so than waxing since they pull out a few hairs at a time.

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Come on Illusion it's not that bad dearest, I've been doing it for years.

I often think though that we women are crazy to put ourselves to such extremes. And they say scientists are good - give me a scientist that can think of a CHEAP, PERMANENT, PAINLESS hair removing without any side effects!!! I'll be the first one to volunteer :LOL:

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if anyone has posted on it, but there is some spray-on stuff and you just wipe the hair off! I am not sure of the name though!

Also, I noticed in Glamour magazine, Jergens has a new lotion out!! It says with the continuous use of the lotion, with shaving, of course, the hair grows back finer and less visible. Eventually, you don't have to use the razor as much! I am going to buy it this weekend, I think. I absolutely hate shaving!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tigger...I also saw that add for the Jergens lotion, and wondered how it would work, if at all. Let me know if it works!!!!!!!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AP:

Between this and the bbq sauce thread, I think I am finally tapped out on this subject.

It is refreshing to know that this problem plagues all you beauty queens out there just as much as it does little ol' casual me.

The next "off limits" topic of discussion will be bathing suits. Either that or "feminine protection".

debbiea

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone...just my two cents worth, but I hate shaving TOO...I don't do it in the winter..just in the summer. I use a generic hand shaver I got with a coupon..the big thing though is that I use "Gillette's Satin Care--Sensitive Skin" it really makes the difference..I haven't cut myself in a long time since using this product...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ooooh.... hair removal
- I just found this thread and I have a lot to say {clears throat}

I have tried everything. Wax, nads-like-stuff, shaving, creams and the machines and electric epilation (for the face). And the verdict is: All methods that don't take out the hair by the root (shaving and creams) are painless but the hair grows back within days and with extra strength and vigor. All methods that do take out the hair by the root are painful (at least to some extent) but the hair takes several weeks to grow back and usually grows back finer.

All methods are a hassle (for me at least). The machine would get my vote as the best and most effective, easiest to use and less painful than wax but they take a long time to use (I have very long legs and when hair removal is the issue it's a big minus).

My plan is to try the new lazer epilation or light epilation (http://www.in-lighten.com/). I was going to do it for this summer but they won't treat pregnant women so if all goes well, I plab to book an appointment for after the pregnancy's over. It takes a few months to finish all the treatments (bi-monthly sessions spaced over 5-6 months). It is expenve but it's supposed to rid you of the hair for life!

By the way, for the face (upper lip) I'm having regular electric epilation. I've started a year ago, after years of waxing and I'm nearly finished. I now need to go once every 2 months and soon will have it all done.

Long story huh? No rest for the wicked...

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok...guess the rest of the guys are too wary(read chicken) to venture here. What the hey..I can outrun most of you....

Deb,you commented on guys with whiskers...remember a few years back..Don Johnston on Miami Vice? All you girls were swooning over him and he looked like a skid row bum.Lots of the heartthrobs look like they just came off a trek thru the woods.

As for why we prefer smooth legs...rug burn rashes on the ribcage hurt like the dickens...
Hard to explain away and look innocent too.

Scuse me gotta run...
:foot: