NW NJ Sandy storm damage and impact (pic heavy)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FYI, ALL of those trees are still there. Power is going to be a while. Gary is betting we get it back between the 14th and 19th. We both hope he's wrong, and it's at least sooner than that! This is a real PIA.
TOTALLY LOUSY!!!!!!!! I hope that your power comes on much sooner than that. :cross: PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Very concerned for you both. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
FYI, ALL of those trees are still there. Power is going to be a while. Gary is betting we get it back between the 14th and 19th. We both hope he's wrong, and it's at least sooner than that! This is a real PIA.

That's crazy!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing today?  My one brother-in-law says they just got 6 inches of snow last night (he's in a jersey shore town).  I can't imagine cold and snow atop all this :(  Please update us when you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The snow was not bad here - much worse elsewhere, and as the sun came out and it warmed up, there's no snow on the ground now! :clap:

I hope your sister and BIL's family are OK and their home undamaged from all of this!!! :vibes:

We have power! But it's going down again at some point. The stats on how many in NJ have power now are really misleading - because this is what the line down at the corner that feeds us looks like AFTER power was restored:

:lol3: The "repairs" in transmission line damaged areas (from fallen trees/poles) are .... not permanent yet. :lol3:

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are doing okay.  I wish I had a sister, but marrying into a family with 6 boys gave me lots of brother-in-laws for which I am very grateful (and not having been able to have children, adore having nieces and a nephew!).  Last I heard, all was stable..though I want to get more details (I'm snoopy!!).

Last edited: