NV Instinct Raw Bites - AAFCO feeding tests?

ftmba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just noticed this on the Nature's Variety Instinct webpage:

Complete & Balanced
Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Duck Formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for cats of all life stages and is comparable in nutritional adequacy to a product which has been substantiated using AAFCO feeding tests.

Seems to be the same for all the Raw Bites formulas. Is this something that should cause concern? It only makes up a small part of our kitties diet but I was surprised when I saw it doesn't have the typical substantiation by AAFCO.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just noticed this on the Nature's Variety Instinct webpage:

Complete & Balanced
Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Duck Formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for cats of all life stages and is comparable in nutritional adequacy to a product which has been substantiated using AAFCO feeding tests.

Seems to be the same for all the Raw Bites formulas. Is this something that should cause concern? It only makes up a small part of our kitties diet but I was surprised when I saw it doesn't have the typical substantiation by AAFCO.
All of Instinct's raw formulas have that statement - they have reworded AAFCO's "seal" of approval, they are just wording it differently than before. Instinct raw meets AAFCO's minimum vitamin / mineral requirements using food based supplements  vs synthetic supplements (except for the taurine added to the raw / feline formulas).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ftmba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

All of Instinct's raw formulas have that statement - they have reworded AAFCO's "seal" of approval, they are just wording it differently than before. Instinct raw meets AAFCO's minimum vitamin / mineral requirements using food based supplements  vs synthetic supplements (except for the taurine added to the raw / feline formulas).
Awesome, thank you!