Nutro/Max Can/pouches back on shelves

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Yes they have there own plant and right now not all is coming but some is and more with each month.. that is what I understood ...
Thanks. Maybe I'll grab a pouch or 2 the next time I'm out. We tried the Max gourmet ones when they came out, but since they were in the recall I wonder if that's why my cats wouldn't touch them. (We had a few things that were recalled, and I remember being baffled as to why they wouldn't even lick the gravy before the recalls were announced)

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a months worth of Natural Choice cans because they were on sale for 39 cents. One of my cats won't touch the food and the others eat it but not all of their serving. I did see carrots in their stew formula and carrots are not listed on the label. Change in formula?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Nutro has there own plant and NO grains are outside of USA... Lamb/ Venison and herring from NZ and Canada.. some lamb is US
Will you keep us updated about Nutro's pouch manufacturing?
I still retain some residual fear left over from our experience with the recalled pouches from last march.
I will never forget that date...March 17th 2007.

As you know, Dexter & Sadie were affected but I will say that Nutro treated us fairly.

My babies are so much happier when they have at least some pouch food per day.
They cleaned their dishes again last night, then played like little kittens.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I bought a months worth of Natural Choice cans because they were on sale for 39 cents. One of my cats won't touch the food and the others eat it but not all of their serving. I did see carrots in their stew formula and carrots are not listed on the label. Change in formula?
sure they were not peppers???

I would call the 800 number and decribe them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

We've got the new pouches, but Tailer doesn't seem to like them as much as he used to.
Mine didn't go over well either, they all ate it but somebody threw up all over the house .. so i have stopped, nobody was tossing their cookies till i fed them the wet nutro/max again

oh well, it's still good it's back for those that can continue it's use okay.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now have severe doubts with this company. I have found carrots and potatoes in the stew canned and neither of them are listed in the ingredients and one my cats (Veeshan) 3 times out of 6 feedings she has thrown up the food. Plus Willow will not touch this food not even one lick. I just don't trust this company and feel their quality control is not good. I will not buy any Nutro products again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I now have severe doubts with this company. I have found carrots and potatoes in the stew canned and neither of them are listed in the ingredients and one my cats (Veeshan) 3 times out of 6 feedings she has thrown up the food. Plus Willow will not touch this food not even one lick. I just don't trust this company and feel their quality control is not good. I will not buy any Nutro products again.
HAVE YOU called???? I would ... it could be a labelling lag as many foods have ...

Those throwing up here are two ideas... One they ate the gravey very fast and not the meat.... two they are allergic to wheat... Just some common issues with pouched foods I have found

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dexter and Sadie immediately knew what the pouches were and did the kitty freak out, I want that food dance.

They love them as much as before.

However, this time, they will be eating the pouch food along with other types of wet food.
I never want them to become fixated on chunks & gravy again.