Nursing mom not eating / kittens!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean that you are permanently separating the kittens from mom?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was told to separate them once the kittens started eating on their own till mama cat gets better which she is getting better it's getting smaller every day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they don't have it by now, they probably won't get it. There's no reason to separate them at this point.

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I will put them back with mama thank you:)

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any advise on litter training ? I put them in the litter box and they try eating the litter and poop and pee by the door [emoji]128547[/emoji] lol

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had to litter train a cat.  Instinct just kicks in.  They'll probably watch mom and get it down by the time they're weaned.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
B breanne25

Put their poop in the pan so they can smell it. You may want to move their box by the door since that is where they like to go. Tell them "no" to eating litter (and stop them), and keep putting them in. Take their little front paws and show them how to dig. They will catch on soon! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any advise on litter training ? I put them in the litter box and they try eating the litter and poop and pee by the door [emoji]128547[/emoji] lol
Make sure you DON'T use the kind of litter that clumps!  That'll expand in their throats or tummies and cause big trouble

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank yall for all the advise

Update:they are using the litter box after I put their poop in it. Every now and then one goes on the floor but not much. Mama cat ringworm is getting better everyday. Babies still don't have any so hopefully they wont. And my son's face is better too. They are so funny running around and play together. Mama cat doesn't like not being able to roam free just a few more weeks and she will be able too :)

I have been so busy with work and deep cleaning all the time that I haven't been able to get pictures of the cuties so I will try Saturday night. I want to thank everyone again for the advise!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are very welcome! We would love to see new pictures. I'm glad everyone is getting better! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanna keep them all [emoji]128547[/emoji] lol

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're so precious!  Why not keep them all?  The more, the merrier!

I would love more than just 2 cats, but I have a small 1 bedroom apartment and I think I should get a bigger place before I start adopting all the strays I can get my hands on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can see why you would want to keep them all!  Thank goodness, my apartment complex limits us to one animal per unit (although it doesn't count small caged animals).  Otherwise, I'd be up to my fanny in kittehs, and Ms. Hekitty's nose would be so out of joint!

breanne25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in an apartment also and can't have this many [emoji]128514[/emoji] but I wish I could.

So mama cat ringworm is gone but she had got another small spot on her neck. [emoji]128533[/emoji] but it's small caught it early. Kittens still don't have any spots. I'm really surprised the kittens dont have any with they lay with mama play with her. How is it that they don't have it ?