Nursing cat with lumpy belly

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Roxy has been nursing her babies for just over 4 weeks. She was all stretched out just now and I stroked her belly and could feel a few fairly large lumps in and around her belly region. I'm not talking about her milk-filled boobies or anything, but other lumps under the surface.

Is this normal? She is perfectly happy, eating well and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Is her belly just trying to get back to normal after having kittens?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a cat with lumps after pregnancy before. Twix had some before, but they disappeared after she had the kittens. If Roxy's comfortable and they lumps not tender, I wouldn't worry about it. After a bit if you're still worried about them, a vet check couldn't hurt.

Just my thoughts...I'm sure someone else more experienced will come along with more adivce.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a cat who was nursing her 3 week old kittens and i felt lumps!! turned out to be her needing to use the litter pan she got a bit backed up was all, sometimes there tummy can be so soft and squishy after delivery sometimes you can mistake her organs for unusual lumps.
but if you are worried seek a vets advise to be on the safe side.