Nursing Cat, Leaking Diarrhea And Irritable

Strawberri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I would just like your opinions on this matter on what I should do and what might be causing this. So, my cat gave birth to kittens in early July. They're very healthy as far as I can tell. My cat (who is around 3-4 years old) has been behaving oddly and having poopy problems for about 5 days now. When I got home from school earlier this week she had done a very watery diarrhea on my bed. I assumed it was because someone trapped her in my room and she couldn't hold it. But lately she is having leaky butt problems where when she walks or rests she'll leave liquidy drips of poo where she goes. She can't seem to hold it. She licks herself so much in an attempt to tidy up leakage that some of the fur in that area is gone. She STINKS of course, not just because she is leaking but because her farts are just as rancid. She is extremely irritable, I'm thinking from the frustration of other creatures getting near her and because she isn't probably in pain. She'll sit in a corner and growl, and she will even hiss, yowl, and smack her kittens if they try to nurse (although there must be times where her stomach isn't bothering her because she has calm moments where she lets them nurse). She will tolerate things she likes (me and my parents, and her dad Phantom, SOMETIMES her kittens) and react defensively against the other pets she isn't really best buds with. I don't know what this could be. When do allergy symptoms show? Can it be a couple weeks later or is it almost immediately? We bought food a couple weeks ago but I can't confirm if it's the same she always has. This has never happened and none of the other animals seem affected by it yet so I can't tell if it's a flu. Any help would be appreciated!! Is this worthy for a trip to the vet?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. She needs to see a vet! She sounds like she is very, very uncomfortable. Something is wrong.

Are your other cats spayed and neutered? If not, she needs to stay 100% away from the intact males.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes a vet check up is essential. Her reactions tells she has pains.

It may be worms, but prob something else too...

Give her pedialyte, bough or homemade. With watery diarrhea she needs the recompensation. Unflavored pedialyte for babies is best

S Strawberri

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you give her cows milk by any chance? Some cats can't handle cows milk and basically show symptoms of lactose intolerance, kind of like what you are describing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry your kitty is sick. When can you get her to the vet?

She will probably need some medicine.

In the meantime, can you switch her food? This may be causing the problems.