Nurse

clatham

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This cat has been such a great colorful and very pretty cat.  She made it to 19 years old.  It all started a couple of weeks ago.  She started peeing on the bed and random places in the house which she did before when she had a urinary tract infection.  So I took her to the vet and that is when all hell broke loose.  She came back that night and immediately took a big pee in the right place and ate a ton of food.  But that was as good as it was going to get.  There were so many things that went wrong after the vet's visit I can't even keep track.  One thing is she quit eating food, she was very lethargic, just layed around and was un-receptive to outside stimuli.  The vet did find she had a urinary tract infection and started her on antibiotics.  My wife gave her the antibiotics for a couple of days but then peed on the wife, foamed at the mouth and started asphyxiating.  I took her back in and they gave her more antibiotics an eating stimulant pill, an injection of fluid to bring her weight back up.  Then she walked around meowing really loud, in pain, barely able to walk, dragging her back legs and just very sad.  Fast forward a few days, we bring her back into the vet they checked her temperature, noticed she was breathing hard, couldn't walk that great, more antibiotics.  Saturday which was my birthday, she walked around, had great body language, ate and ate and ate, drank, things were great.  Sunday we wake up and she has trouble breathing all day long, then at night she calmed down never ate anything and kept drinking water and resting.  Monday, I called the vet up to take her in.  I put a blanket underneath her just barely picked her up and started out the door, she started arching her back, rasping for air, convulsing, so I layed her down on the walkway and she just keep right on gasping for her air, her chest was heaving and then at some point she died just like that.  Her name was Nurse.  Her sister Doc and her were a great pair of sisters and we are forever grateful to have had them.  They will never be forgotten and our lives will never be the same without them. They both belong to the ages and the world was a better place for having them in it.  Now another long painful process of dealing with this tragedy.  I have never gotten over Doc dying and I'm sure this death will add another painful hole in my stomach.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss... We just lost our cat this past thanksgiving and it leaves a big hole... but at least she died in her home, with people that loved her!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Those precious souls take a piece of our heart when they leave. ((Hugs)) to you and your wife.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's so hard to lose one of our fur friends. I'm really sorry Nurse has left you. Nineteen is a good long life but knowing that probably doesn't help much right now. My old Wesley also lived to be 19 and losing him was devastating. It seems we never have enough time with our kitties. Nurse had a good life with you and I hope with time the good memories will bring you some comfort.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your kitty named Nurse.  Someone else said this, maybe it was jcat, that no matter how long we have with our kitties it's never long enough.  When do I want to say goodbye?  NEVER, that's when.  But it has to be.  <sigh>  Hugs to you, I understand.  So many of us do.  Going through it now with the loss of my dear kitty just several weeks ago.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the pain of losing a family member that was treasured and a part of our lives for such a long time, it is an ache that never seems to heal. My heart goes out to you for suffering so much, but remember you got 19 years of loving companionship and a love that can never be taken from your heart. Nurse is with Doc now, and they both are grateful for your love and the wonderful lives you gave them and the love you all shared as a family. The heavens gained an angel with her passing, I pray you can one day find comfort in your precious memories.Your world is indeed a better place for knowing and loving this beautiful little soul. RIP dear Nurse, you and your sister will never be forgotten and will be held forever in a loving heart!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There's a lot of shared life and love in nineteen years, making Nurse's loss all the more painful. My condolences. :rbheart: