Nuit just attacked my face

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
black cats are just generally harder to adopt out, they are less knowticable in chelter compared to the more colorful ones and in some parts yes superstition. I know it's harder to adopt our black dogs as well. Alot of non cat people I guess see them as less attractive. I think they are gorgeous though!

pennyri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I think they are gorgeous though!
I agree! Very beautiful. I guess I can see how they can fade into the background though. I will remember to give any black cat or dog I see extra attention when I see them at the stores/adoption centers!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about Nuit! (night in French, right?)

I wish I had some answers for you. Sounds like redirected aggression to me; that she doesn't like the other cats.

As for black cats - my experience has been that people either love them or turn their noses up at them. When pressed, people who fall into the latter category don't have a good answer for me. When we have litters come in, the more colorful cats go first. Calicos, torties, gray tabbies. Etc. and if we get any Siamese mixes - whoosh, gone. It's sad. I think black cats are gorgeous and I agree - how can you blame an animal for the color of its fur.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
people are so weird about animals. You'd think people would genuenly (spelling probs there!) pick out a pet by the personality (though I guess you could say I picked nuit for hers as I knew she wouldn't get adopted, the woman that rescued her right before me had her for 2 weeks and was ready to bring her to the shelter). Nuit slept with me again last night and was all cuddles! It's so strange to have her be so sweet.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think black cats are really beautiful and I also believe them to be good luck.

Sounds like Nuit just needed some alone time and it's great that you are giving it to her.