Nudist Camps???

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just tried to find an episode on "This American Life," but I struck out, about a visit to a nudist camp. The one thing I remember is that one item of mandatory courtesy is that you always carry a towel and put it down on anything before you sit.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

DH and I went to a couple of nude beaches back in Australia, but I wasn't very comfortable there - particularly when I noticed a guy hiding in the bushes watching us and ummm.... doing something gross. I yelled at him, got dressed, and said I'm not going back.

Never been to one & never want to go to one

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about going when I was in my teens, until someone pointed out most of the people there aren't "sexy" nude...more like "Hairy" nude. So I never went.
Being a nudist has nothing to do with being buff and tan and sexy. It has to do with being comfortable with your own body. I wear very little clothing in my house in the summer. I just make sure the curtains on the lower half of the windows are closed so I don't get arrested for exposure. But heck, if someone really needs to see an overweight body...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to work with a fellow who often spent weekend at a nudist colony with his wife and children.

Nudist colonies are not about sex, what others have that you don't or anything like that. Nudist colonies are basically for people who are very comfortable in their own skin and enjoy the freedom of not having to wear clothing. Unfortunately a lot of folks feel the need to put a sexual connotation on the whole experience.

I personally am not comfortable enough with my body to participate, but can understand how others feel very easy with it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Just curious if anyone has ever been to one or know someone who was at one. DH told me there was a nudist camp near where his one sister lived. Apparently her son went up there one time.

I would not go to one - would not really want to see a bunch of naked people running around and would not want others to see what DH has either

How about you?
My granny always said that if humans were meant to wear clothes, then they would have been born with them.