Now what???

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A poor prognosis, but if "Genny" has something and someONE to live for (y-o-u) that could make all the difference in the world.

As for the irresponsible little
who abandonned her:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

I told Genesis, before I left her for the night, that we all (everyone here at TCS) loved her now and that she was going to be OK. So please continue with your prayers and vibes. She's still in the hospital. Her prognosis is Poor. Her bloodwork is terrible. I don't need to see a miracle at her expense--I just want her out of this pain.
Even though her prognosis is poor, I'm sure her comfort level much improved. She has nourishment now, and love.

nekoha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a disgusting excuse for a human being that girl is! Absolutely shocking what some people do with animals! Good for your landlord for pressing charges - I hope no one ever rents her an apartment or lets her so much as LOOK at an animal again!
Okay, now that my outrage has been slightly spent, I am sending Genesis and
and I just wanted to tell you that I am so glad you stuck your nose into this business - the world needs more people like you!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was a 19 year old doing with a cat who is 12-15 years old? Was this her childhood cat? Is the young woman mentally disturbed? On drugs? I guess we may never know.

Still praying hard for Genesis that her outcome is whatever will be best for her. Cheryl, you saved her much suffering, even if she doesn't make it, though I do hope she does, so she can know the kind of life she deserves.

Could the vet give an estimate how long she was without food and water? My heart breaks every time I return to this thread and then I try to force myself to remember that Genesis is safe now, and under treatment, not alone and suffering any longer.

Thank God for you. I can't say it enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

What was a 19 year old doing with a cat who is 12-15 years old? Was this her childhood cat? Is the young woman mentally disturbed? On drugs? I guess we may never know.

Still praying hard for Genesis that her outcome is whatever will be best for her. Cheryl, you saved her much suffering, even if she doesn't make it, though I do hope she does, so she can know the kind of life she deserves.

Could the vet give an estimate how long she was without food and water? My heart breaks every time I return to this thread and then I try to force myself to remember that Genesis is safe now, and under treatment, not alone and suffering any longer.

Thank God for you. I can't say it enough.
The vet said she may have gone a least 6 days without food and water. That's just an estimation on their part. I don't know what she was doing with this baby. Maybe it was a childhood kitty. But, my Gosh, she would have grown up with this cat--why wouldn't she treat her like the treasure that she is???
I'm on my way to see her now. If she isn't better...I want her find peace and love and if that means helping her cross the Bridge...I don't know...

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hun, I know that you'll do what is best for Genesis. I love her name by the way... I hope beyond hope that her previous owner gets a just punishment, but in my opinion, just punishment is to let HER go without food and water for 6 days and then see how SHE feels.

Sending a ton of vibes for the sweet girl!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read an article about a real estate agent that was finding many abandoned animals in homes that had been foreclosed. She found a glass of murky water in a sink full of dirty dishes. She started to dump it out, then saw a goldfish inside. This kind woman started doing rescues for abdandoned animals. She fixed the goldfish up in a nice clean water and took him home for a pet. I won't go into great detail, but something happen in our own town upset me very much. A businessman had two dogs that he kept in his office. One day, he left them in the office and never came back. I think his business wasn't doing well, but that's no excuse. Better to be PTS even that left to starve. By the accounts from neighboring business owners, he "loved" those dogs and took them for walks, etc. The story does not end well. I hope this man thinks about what he did for the rest of his life.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I read an article about a real estate agent that was finding many abandoned animals in homes that had been foreclosed. She found a glass of murky water in a sink full of dirty dishes. She started to dump it out, then saw a goldfish inside. This kind woman started doing rescues for abdandoned animals. She fixed the goldfish up in a nice clean water and took him home for a pet. I won't go into great detail, but something happen in our own town upset me very much. A business man had two dogs that he kept in his office. One day, he left them in the office and never came back. I think his business wasn't doing well, but that's no excuse. Better to be PTS even that left to starve. By the accounts from neighboring business owners, he "loved" those dogs and took them for walks, etc. The story does not end well. I hope this man thinks about what he did for the rest of his life.
I can only imagine what that "not end well" is......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry guys.
She's gone...
She had a seizure a few minutes before I got there. Her heart was too weak to get through it.
I dread going to The Bridge section, but I know she deserves a tribute. She was loved, by all of us, even if it was just for a little over 24 hours.
The landlord is in the apartment taking pictures of the damages and he found a picture of Genesis. I'll include it in the tribute.
I'm sorry...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl: you saved Genesis who knows how much more suffering. That she's gone to the Bridge, YOUR Bridge, is not necessarily a bad thing, we don't know what would have been in store for her in her struggle to survive.

She's at peace now, free from the mental and physical suffering that terrible person left her to. I am weeping for her loss, but she is free now. God bless you over and over for rescuing her from her hell. She was loved by all of us here, and I feel sure she knows that now.

She is in good company there at the Bridge.

Genesis

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cheryl, you truly are an angel. I can't imagine the anguish you must be feeling having to go through all of this so soon after the loss of your own beloved. Husband and I are still sending positive vibes your way and mega nega vibes towards someone else

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace Genesis and know that you had many people loving you. I am so sorry for your loss Cheryl. You were a guardian Angel to Genesis and gave her a chance to know happiness again in the time she had left. Hugs to you during this difficult time. Thank you for openning your heart up and doing what needed to be done to give Genesis a chance.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saddened to hear she didn't make it. I am very proud of you for taking this sweet girl, at least she knew someone cared. She is now at peace and won't have to suffer anymore.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Thank God, thank God Thank God you cared enough to look into it. Thank you God, for Cheryl.

You Angel. I am sobbing over this kitty's plight but also in joy that you were there to save her. Keep us posted on the little girl and all my love and vibes to her

PS I am sure she will let YOU know her proper name. Thank God for you.
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I think Bella had something to do with making sure you were in the right place at the right time. xx
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Heart breaking that people can do that. vibes for the sweet one and a big
for you. I also think Bella had a paw in this

What in God's name is wrong with people? That poor sweet baby - she helped save herself by meowing and scratching - imagine if she hadn't...
I really hope the heartless idiot who left this little girl behind is found and held accountable.

Thank you for being observant and acting on your suspicions - you saved her life.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so infuriated over the first few posts I read about Genesis having been abandoned, that I didn't read to the end before I posted.

I'm so very sorry she passed away. As others have said, thank God you rescued her and she knew love, peace and comfort, even though for too short a time.

Thank you again, and bless you, for extending your love and concern for this precious little girl in the midst of your own grief.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

I'm sorry guys.
She's gone...
She had a seizure a few minutes before I got there. Her heart was too weak to get through it.
I dread going to The Bridge section, but I know she deserves a tribute. She was loved, by all of us, even if it was just for a little over 24 hours.
The landlord is in the apartment taking pictures of the damages and he found a picture of Genesis. I'll include it in the tribute.
I'm sorry...
I'm so sorry. She was lucky to have known you for even such a short time. You did everything you could for her.