Now onto kitty litter?

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I get a self cleaning kitty litter box, what is the best litter to use in it? And even if I don't get one, what is the best kitty litter out there? I will be feeding my cat an all natural cat food (wellness brand cat food) I use this same brand for my dogs, and their poo doesn't stink. So I know I wont have a problem with it for my cat. But their pee does, so I know the cats will to. I need a litter that is good at covering up the pee smell, and that isn't to dusty. What do you all think?

Francine

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i swear by WBCL (world's best cat litter). It's clumping litter, corn based and dust free. People might think it's a little pricey, but compared to the other regular brands, i find that he goes thru regular litter so much faster. His 34lb bag has last us about 3 months already, and there's still 1/2 a bag left. It also depends on how often your cats use it and how many cats you have in the household.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe the recommdation on the boses of the sutomatics say use clumoping litter ... I think the smaellest clumping litter would be best ... I am not an expert since I use chn feed for litter