Now I'm confused. Bleach or not??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok then can someone name the products they use instead of saying "natural cleaner" I'd like to know so that I know what my alternatives are.

I clean my box out on the patio with hot water that I get from inside the house.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
XO-Plus is a natural cleanser and a favorite of mine.
You can find it at a great price at revival (their site is revivalanimal.com)

Off to pop in the turkey!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my no brand (cheap) cleaner with bleach - spray from super-wal-mart . Btw. Sicy , I clean with bleach the litter boxes over 20 years and never ever something happen to my cats .

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
It's irritating because I try to do everything I possibly can the right way for my cats and it seems no matter what you do, there will always be someone that tells you its the wrong way.
Agreed. Welcome to the information age! I mean the mis-information age!

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find Baking soda does the trick. Actually I started using a new type of scoopable litter, Swheat Scoop. It's awesome. When I switched, the kitties were kinda confused. Aiko started eating it.. LOL. It does not have the harmful Clay in it that most scoopable litters have. I didn't realize.. some of them expand up to 15x its size in the cats' stomach. Not good! My kitties now love the new Swheat Scoop, and it doesn't leave any odours at all. (unless of course you don't clean it out regularily)

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear by vinegar and water!! Its natural, and it disinfects. I clean the cats dishes with it, and their litterbox. I make sure to rinse well, so theres not a lot of lingering vinegar odor, and have had no problems. I used bleach once and Gibbons promptly peed on the rug in the next room after sniffing his box.