Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep....

Dacatchair

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha ha... My almost 7 month old kitten is so perfectly behaved about not being a gremlin it seems like his Mom's parting advice was "If your human ever lets you share their bed know this is the very best thing that will ever happen to you. But if you move around or get up for any reason except to pee, you will be locked up in the basement alone every night forever and ever. So if this wonderful privilege is ever bestowed on you, just stay still and don't blow it"

As soon as I go to bed he plants himself in the middle of it near my feet and stays there without moving for a whole 8 hours. And I have seen him do this for as long as 12. It is really touching he is that well behaved at night because by day he is a high energy kitten who loves to instigate all sorts of mayhem. And he could go in another room and do all the crazy stuff he does when I am awake, but he silently sticks to the foot of my bed like glue every night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is black, and sometimes during the night he likes to sit on my chest and just stare at me. So I'll wake up in the middle of the night with weight on my chest and just see two glowing eyes and nothing else. Nothing creepier!

...but if I touch him he just flops over and purrs :p
I would definitely check his mail for new life insurance policies. That’s how we usually catch our dog Vadar, well, that and people waking up with strange surgical scars. I finally know how he’s afforded to buy that uranium, and why strange men stop by to pick up bloody coolers. Darn dog.

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well...not quite gremlin-esque behavior, but nothing will bring me up out of a sound sleep faster than the feel of whiskers running SLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLY up and down the backs of my legs in the pitch black dark!
Hahaha! I swear they know it too!:lol:

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha ha... My almost 7 month old kitten is so perfectly behaved about not being a gremlin it seems like his Mom's parting advice was "If your human ever lets you share their bed know this is the very best thing that will ever happen to you. But if you move around or get up for any reason except to pee, you will be locked up in the basement alone every night forever and ever. So if this wonderful privilege is ever bestowed on you, just stay still and don't blow it"

As soon as I go to bed he plants himself in the middle of it near my feet and stays there without moving for a whole 8 hours. And I have seen him do this for as long as 12. It is really touching he is that well behaved at night because by day he is a high energy kitten who loves to instigate all sorts of mayhem. And he could go in another room and do all the crazy stuff he does when I am awake, but he silently sticks to the foot of my bed like glue every night.
I’m really concerned for you, it sounds like he is grooming you for a sudden takeover. I’m sure if you contact your local authorities and explain that your cat is being nice and letting you sleep, they will make sure to put you into witness protection. Stay strong, and don’t let him know your on to him.... o_O

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know of one. Never a sweeter, more well behaved, misunderstood creature (who never turns taps or electrical appliances on) has walked the earth. Somewhere in the US I think.
Uh oh, it sounds like you are being lulled into a life of complete servitude and brainwashing. Please get help before it’s too late! We don’t want to read about you constructing giant monuments in his glory:bat:

Mrs.O

Skeeter's Purrson
Young Cat
Purraise
Since Skeeter came home he has this habit of sleeping under the blanket by my legs. I got really nervous the first time because he is completely under the comforter, how can he breath?! I called my mom in a panic, but she seemed to think it was okay, she's had and has cats and dogs.
At night I put him to sleep in his bed, by my side of our bed, and he falls asleep but I still wake up with him by my legs.
20180312_101946.jpg

20180319_181608.jpg

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since Skeeter came home he has this habit of sleeping under the blanket by my legs. I got really nervous the first time because he is completely under the comforter, how can he breath?! I called my mom in a panic, but she seemed to think it was okay, she's had and has cats and dogs.
At night I put him to sleep in his bed, by my side of our bed, and he falls asleep but I still wake up with him by my legs.
View attachment 223409
View attachment 223410
Oh how cute haha! Our shih-tzu does that and I was worried about him suffocating too! I suppose the lack of oxygen explains most of his behavior....:drool: Then the kitten had to copy him, so now it’s a nightly battle over space lol! Buttercup likes to drape herself over the curve in my side, I think yours and mine are related!! How old is your adorable fluff? He’s so cute, and he looks really soft like she is too!

Mrs.O

Skeeter's Purrson
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh how cute haha! Our shih-tzu does that and I was worried about him suffocating too! I suppose the lack of oxygen explains most of his behavior....:drool: Then the kitten had to copy him, so now it’s a nightly battle over space lol! Buttercup likes to drape herself over the curve in my side, I think yours and mine are related!! How old is your adorable fluff? He’s so cute, and he looks really soft like she is too!
That is just adorable! Both of your babies are precious :loveeyes: Skeeter is going to be 6 months next week and he is a kisser and a cuddler :itslove:

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is just adorable! Both of your babies are precious :loveeyes: Skeeter is going to be 6 months next week and he is a kisser and a cuddler :itslove:
Aww, thanks! I love hearing about all these amazing fluffs and seeing their pictures too! Buttercup (my son has starting calling her “Butters” because of her overwhelming appetite- which caused her to face plant on his buttered toast the other day) was born in November according to the shelter and brought up to our shelter from New Jersey. It’s amazing the work that goes in to saving these kitlets, and I’m grateful we got a little bundle out of their hard efforts. Looking forward to watching your little guy grow:)

Mrs.O

Skeeter's Purrson
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks! I love hearing about all these amazing fluffs and seeing their pictures too! Buttercup (my son has starting calling her “Butters” because of her overwhelming appetite- which caused her to face plant on his buttered toast the other day) was born in November according to the shelter and brought up to our shelter from New Jersey. It’s amazing the work that goes in to saving these kitlets, and I’m grateful we got a little bundle out of their hard efforts. Looking forward to watching your little guy grow:)
That's awesome!! Skeeter is a rescue from the Humane Society in North Carolina. I love cats and my husband and children decided to bring this awesome little furball into my life and he is a great addition to our family!