Novel protein for Ibd/lymphoma

sos2484

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted yesterday about Sebastian who I lost 2 years ago to Ibd lymphoma and how confused I was and now that his brother Oliver was diagnosed with it, I have these feelings all over again! I did try diet change with Sebastian but he was a picky eater so it wasn’t easy. But whatever I gave Sebastian, I gave Oliver and he still gets raw and freeze dried rabbit alternated with weruva and soulistic. Oliver used to eat anything except pate style, but everything is different now. I want to get some new food for him but I’m not sure what to get. He still eats the rabbit but not as much but I would love to stick with that because he likes it but that wouldn’t be novel. What if he won’t eat anything else? I am not sure if this means anything but I did switch over to the soulistic that has tuna broth in every packet and he’s been eating a lot of cat food with fish in it.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you already went down the road of IBD with Sebastian, you are probably familiar with this website Feline Nutrition – IBDKitties, but I'll give it to you again. I don't know of any Soulistic foods that are novel proteins...seems like they all have other stuff in them. Yes, some are chicken, but that is a well known allergen, so I'd steer clear of that one. And even with that, Soulistic and Weruva use thickeners that might not be good for an IBD cat. Have you tried Rawz canned food if you don't want to stick solely with raw food?