Nothing is working.

jsoda313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 4 month old kitten who has had worms basically since we got her. She has loose stool that sometimes has bloody mucus in it. I took her to the vet they said she had roundworms worms after the fecal test. I gave her metro for 5 days and de wormer as soon as I stopped the metro the stool went back to loose and bloody, called the vet and he said to do the metro for 10 days and we dewormed again. The last dose of anything was Sunday afternoon. This morning (Wednesday) she had loose bloody stool again, I am at my wits end here I have been pumping my sweet baby with meds for a month and no lasting results. I gave her more dewormer today and got worms in her stool. I was told not to give her anymore for 7 days because they can o.d. on that. I don't know what else to do. She still eats, drinks, and plays like a maniac, she is also growing it's just the poop I dont know what else to do.

pgalore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would try a probiotic. It sound like all the medications have wiped out the good bacteria in her intestinal tract. You can use acidolphilus or VSL-3, even plain yogurt. I would try the easiest solution first.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask your vet to run a PCR Diarrhea panel to test for uncommon parasites.  Also, be sure you give a good probiotic to help the gut flora and if you're feeding dry food, don't make any abrupt changes in what you're feeding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jsoda313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for your input. I'm trying to stay positive because she is fine otherwise but I need her to just be better.