Note to self: When handling Jalapenos...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! If it can burn our hands like that, is it really any good for our bodies!?! Guess I'll stick to just a bit at a time!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BIL made some salsa using habenero peppers. I'm not kidding you, that stuff actually sat there in the bowl bubbling, like a lava pot or something. It was really pretty good, after the first couple of bites your mouth was pretty numb, but you could still taste the flavors of all the other things. I look forward to his next visit and will request the salsa again. But I like hot things, tho the older I get the more they don't like me!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hot things too.But with GERD, they don't like me.And my stomach, REALLY hates me after I eat them.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I love hot things too.But with GERD, they don't like me.And my stomach, REALLY hates me after I eat them.
My tummy hates me, too. Tho I still keep trying, I always pay for it. It's not fair...is it?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh my! If it can burn our hands like that, is it really any good for our bodies!?! Guess I'll stick to just a bit at a time!
Hot peppers don't hurt you, and are actually good for you. They sure help numb you to the humidity and heat in Texas.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/healing3.html

I use a fork and knife to cut the pepper in half, and a small spoon to scoop the ribs and seeds (that's where the heat is). Then I slice the pepper, holding it with a fork. I don't touch the pepper at all.