Note to self, do not go grocery shopping when you haven't eaten yet that day...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What really helps me- is i put a granola bar in my purse on the way to the grocery store and eat it on the way there before i go in if i'm driving. (if i'm already there working- i just shop after my shift is over). That helps a little bit as far as compulsive buys go. I REALLY try to stick to my list. I won't shop without it (otherwise i'll buy lots of things i don't need.) We've all been there gorgeous- next time just take a list and a snack with you

one more thing- when you make your list- don't be a total drill sergent about it- allow yourself one thing that is a "treat" type thing- just write it into your list so that you can see you're allowing yourself something sweet and you don't need more. Works really well for me! That way i can still see that i'm getting something that i like- but won't feel the compulsion to buy it specifically since it's not on my list and wind up with more stuff.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Yep, its always bad when you go grocery shopping and you're hungry...ugh!

Or in my case, I take my hubby along. That man just wants to buy everything! Our bill is always so much more whenever he tags along!

Hilda >^..^<
That's the truth! We have expenses split between the two of us and the groceries are one of mine. Whenever he wants to come shopping with me I always twist the truth a bit and tell him I don't have much of my grocery budget fund left. (I don't even budget for food because I get whatever we need regardless of price.) Fortunately he doesn't buy junk food, but he'll end up with expensive deli meats, special breads, expensive cheese (he loves to try different cheeses), 3 different kinds of grapes, plus other fruit like bananas, apples, cherries, oranges, mandarins. He likes to have lots of fruit in the house. (I do too so that's not a biggie, but the cheese and deli meats sure add up.)

Taking him with me to Costco is a definite NO-NO. I got to the check-out one day at Costco to find a new range hood fan in the cart!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing wrong with you sweetie~its normal!!

I also hate going after you eat because then nothing looks good
and I know with me, I then dont wanna get anything because I am too full to even think about cooking again

Cant win for losing, huh??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, I just found out this morning that those EIGHT cookies I ate last night had 100 calories and 5 grams of fat EACH...So, I consumed 800 calories and 40 grams of fat in a matter of minutes.

Boy, I am disgusting