Not Sure Who Remembers Us !

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I last posted when Kaleb was around a year old, I think. I guess I should have read my old posts. I posted pretty avidly for about 6 months. I stopped posting because I started a job. Then that didn't work out, and I never got back to getting on here.

The last post I remember was me being concerned that my grandmother was reinforcing things with my cat that I did not approve of. This caused a lot of tension and arguments, which is what I was concerned of.

I asked about keeping Kaleb in my small bedroom with me. I felt really bad about keeping him in there, though, so I figured there would just have to be more stress. It's been very difficult with all of the arguing, plus my grandmother had been thinking about moving and there is constant packing, in packing, and movement here.

But now I will be getting an apartment for just me and Kaleb! This is exciting news! I've lived with my grandmother all my life. I'm 37 now. It's been the same house since I was four. Tough as it is, it is soooooo needed. Kaleb doesn't need all the yelling. He is very stressed and I can see he's grown more skittish and sensitive as well. I wonder how much of that is from the fear of the loudness, or just getting older? He'll be 2 in 3 months!!!!

So I have 2 months to help him transition on to our next home. Time to reminisce, I guess!

Anyway! I really wanted to come back. I will try to say hi more often.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back. :wave2: And congrats on getting your own place. :bouquet: I'm sure you and Kaleb will be very happy there, once you both get settled in. :petcat:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how stressful it is to move, especially your first time! But how exciting at the same time! Welcome back, and use Kaleb as a stress reducer by playing and soothing HIM, cats hate change, but I have a feeling he will adjust quickly and love all the new quiet and new freedoms. You will do fine, somehow it all works out. This is a first step towards independence and freedom, enjoy!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I remember you and your predicament.. That's wonderful that you're getting your own apartment, both for you and for Kaleb!
Let us know how it's going. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. You guys are so nice!

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know how stressful it is to move, especially your first time! But how exciting at the same time! Welcome back, and use Kaleb as a stress reducer by playing and soothing HIM, cats hate change, but I have a feeling he will adjust quickly and love all the new quiet and new freedoms. You will do fine, somehow it all works out. This is a first step towards independence and freedom, enjoy!

Kaleb will love you for telling me this!

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I remember you and your predicament.. That's wonderful that you're getting your own apartment, both for you and for Kaleb!
Let us know how it's going. :)
Will do , Mani :)