Not sure what to think...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I had to sleep on this one. It's just a thought, but does the groom have sisters? I know my sister decided not to make me matron of honor because she didn't want to feel obligated to include her future sister-in-law in the wedding party. I know another friend had to choose between having her three sisters or three friends as bridesmaids, and felt that her sisters would take being left out better than her friends would.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my sister be a bridesmaid, and my brother was a groomsman in my wedding, mostly b/c we were off one boy to even it out. My BF from childhood was my matron of honor. I was in her wedding previously, but not maid of honor, which I was a little upset by at the time, but she had a good guy friend who was also her roomate for a few years be man of honor and her husband had a best woman, (his sister). We didn't feel obligated to have my husband's brothers in the wedding. One wasn't invited (also couldn't go anyway due to being on probation), and the other was there, but not part of the wedding party. They are not close, also he has a drinking/compulsive lying problem. Not to get off topic, but he has two half brothers - one from each parent that are both losers, and I like to say that DH got the best genes from each parent. I think she should at least have you in the wedding party, but she obviously is clueless.

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Oh Candie. You've been a good sister to her. If I was you I would tell her you were hurt. I'm a very honest person so I would.
I think you should talk about it too. At least then you could get an explanation. Even if her plans don't change to include you, at least you would know why..even if she just didn't think (which sometimes we all do, make big gaffes). It's very important to just pose it as a question, and not sound angry or hurt.

I think beyond that, it's very natural to have some doubts about the choices our siblings make, esp. when it comes to life-changing ones. I wasn't in my brother's wedding, and even though I would have liked to be, it was OK. I got to sing, which was enough. I wasn't really cool with how they planned the whole wedding, and that we didn't really know my bro's financee very well, but it turned out OK. They married young too...maybe some young ones know how to get it together. I sure didn't!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked her finally. I did find out though my little sister is going to be a flower girl.

Here's the convo and really it doesn't make me feel any better after discussing it, but at least I know she didn't mean to hurt my feelings.:

me: may I ask a question that's been bothering me, but I don't want to come across as being mad....?

her: um, ok

me: am I apart of your wedding at all?

her: what do you mean?

me: I was wondering if I was going to be apart of your wedding at all because you didn't mention it. I just thought I would be apart of it in some way since you were my maid of honor in my wedding and you are my sister

me: (I am not mad at all, just a little confused)

her: well, no, you're not in the wedding party. i wouldn't expect you to be mad, there should be no reason to be. i just chose my friends to be in it. didn't know you wanted to be "in" it. i mean, you are my sister, it's not like your just gonna get a invitation and come.

me: ok, understandable

her: did you want to be in it?

me: and yes, I would have loved to be in it because I always thought you would want me to be apart of your wedding in that way since you were my maid of honor

me: but I understand now

her: so, your saying that since i was your maid of honor, im obligated for you to be mine or in my wedding? i chose a different way, sorry. I don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything.

me: no no
me: I don't expect to be that
me: I was just wondering what you were doing that is all

I guess I'll just leave it at that, what do you guys think?