Not Sure What To Do...

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Female cats will do that (mine have) and I can only guess it might be because they're not naturally as aggressive as males (though it's hard to tell sometimes) and do 'forget' what the point was halfway through. But put away trinkets or whatever for a while and DO get at least one other box (2-3 would be best) - it will make a big difference to future bathroom behaviour and if you look at this forum enough, you'll see it's a huge issue, one better sorted out in the beginning that later on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abstract

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, we have decided that it's best to get rid of Precious. Her behavior is steadily worsening, she's becoming more violent and aggressive and still refuses to eat unless she's in a room completely by herself (I understand that part, she's most likely nervous, but we just can't manage to always make sure she's got a room to herself just to eat, our schedules are too busy right now). We've spoken to the previous owner and she's agreed to take her back. The girl is moving out of the country, so Precious won't be going home, but she will be going to a friend's, who also took the woman's other cat. I'm happy about that, because at least Precious will have another familiar animal around (from what I gathered, the two cats grew up together), and she won't be going to a shelter.

In other news, my roommate still wanted a pet, so we did go adopt a kitten from a local shelter in hopes that a kitten might cause less of a dominance war. Fortunately, we were right. Introductions went amazingly well, the three cats (Parrot, Shinobi, and the new Turtle) were all playing together within the hour. No problems eating, every thing's going great. Turtle has been named such because of her markings, and she's 4 months old. She's rather tiny for her age, but she holds her own quite well during playtime. :p She's an adventurous little thing, but also very cuddly and sweet (She's currently weaving circles around my neck and shoulders, purring like mad).

I will post pictures as soon as possible!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found a solution. I think this actually might be a better solution than waiting for a while to see if she fits in... given that she's going to a place where she doesn't know the human, but does know the other animal there and will probably be a lot more comfortable/at ease.

Good luck with the three of them together, heh. I want to see pictures if you can get them to slow down long enough to take one.