Not sure what these white spots are

Jojo825

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
D029B370-025F-444C-9E6C-81F028904205.jpeg

My 4 yr old (appeared recently) has these white spots in corners of his eyes. He is a flame point Siamese with no known health issues. I have not changed his his food in past two years. He is strictly an inside cat. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks!!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think if I were you I would be inclined to have your vet check out those spots. You could try to send that pic to your vet and ask their opinion, but unless it is completely obvious to them what they are, they will likely suggest you bring him in for a better look. It could be scarring from a previous injury to the eye tissue that has healed, an infection, tumors, or a whole host of other things in between.

Hope it isn't anything serious, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo825

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I think if I were you I would be inclined to have your vet check out those spots. You could try to send that pic to your vet and ask their opinion, but unless it is completely obvious to them what they are, they will likely suggest you bring him in for a better look. It could be scarring from a previous injury to the eye tissue that has healed, an infection, tumors, or a whole host of other things in between.

Hope it isn't anything serious, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you! I have an appt for tomorrow. Praying it’s nothing serious

Jojo825

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess that would be a good thing to have J Jojo825 clarify - I thought the question was about the spots on his eye that is open in the picture, not the other eye that is closed and does appear to have some seepage.
Yes. I am concerned about the spots in the right eye but did also notice the little eye booger in left. He hadn’t had any of that in right or sign of infection.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome.

I'm really curious about those spots.

My suspicion is that it's nothing.

I remember years ago my male gray tabby Atticus, the star of the American Cat Huffer thread, yawned and I saw what looked like some sort of god-awful fungus growing on his tongue! I totally lost it and had him at the vet the next morning. The vet looked at his tongue, smiled and pulled out a ballpoint pen. She used the pen to dislodge the "fungus" (I was freaking out at this point) which turned out to be fibers from a black blanket. Atticus had been licking the blanket and the fibers accumulated in the papillae on his tongue. I practically wept with relief.

Fingers crossed you'll get a similar diagnosis.

Jojo825

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Appointment is at 4. I will update 🙏🙏
Awesome.

I remember years ago my male gray tabby Atticus, the star of the American Cat Huffer thread, yawned and I saw what looked like some sort of god-awful fungus growing on his tongue! I totally lost it and had him at the vet the next morning. The vet looked at his tongue, smiled and pulled out a ballpoint pen. She used the pen to dislodge the "fungus" (I was freaking out at this point) which turned out to be fibers from a black blanket. Atticus had been licking the blanket and the fibers accumulated in the papillae on his tongue. I practically wept with relief.

Awesome.

just got back from vet. They are ulcers. Possibly from scratch. He is on antibiotics 4x a day 🙏🙏🙏

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for ulcers!

I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious.

Your cat is lucky to have such a great custodian.

Jojo825

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aweee thank you so much ❤