Not sure what is going on with my cat

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 15 (going on 16) year old cat has been very vocal lately and seems to want food all the time. I mean he is almost phobic about it. My guess is that he gets a sour stomach without it being full. So I got some probiotics and enzymes and some digestive support foods but I think it just made everything so much worse. He has always had a sensitive stomach so that is something that has happened all along.

And then sometime I do wonder if I am just not giving him enough food.

He poo and piddle seem fine.

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Second the thyroid. Increased vocalization and hunger are two tell tale signs of hyperthyroidism.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that this is not exactly what you see with a sour stomach and I would have the thyroid checked. You also might have him checked for diabetes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He has been recently checked for Diabeates and he is fine. Not sure about hyperthyroid because he remains a chunker... and has not lost weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am feeing him Earthborn 3 oz- 3x per day,
and he gets a kibble snack at night (just because I can't wake up at 3 AM to give him food) and I have a food dish that automatically gives him food at 3 Am. I go light on that so perhaps that isn't enough. It is Royal Canin.

Per Kitty calculators he is 14 lbs and thus about 220 cals to 250 cals per day. He gets about 180 from Earthborn and about 40 to 50 from the kibble.

Perhaps I need to change the time he is getting food. Feed him later at night

He truely has always been mouthy and particularly so when he wants food. So it is hard to tell if I am just not giving him enough.

I don't want to make him gain weight because he has arthritis and the doc said weight loss would help. So I am trying to go on the lower side.