Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat seem to look pregnant but I’m not to sure

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she allowed access to males or allowed to roam? Or got out? A vet check up would help you to know more and then if she then discuss with your vet on what you would like to do. If she is pregnant she is for sure early enough to get spayed if you didn't want to have kittens (they are expensive and very fragile though very cute lol).

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's possible, but hard to tell from the pictures, especially when we don't have a comparison to what she looked like before. I would take her a vet to be checked out. They can usually tell just by feeling the abdomen without having to do an X-ray or ultrasound.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No this is not this is a different one I’m just concerned because I kept this one away from my males as I did the other one and had tried that acupuncture thing where it makes her feel as if she mates but then I was informed by my husband that one of the males have gotten to her so I don’t know wether this could be a false pregnancy or and actual one

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please just get your cats spayed/neutered, that way you never have to worry about if a cat is pregnant or not :) You can google low-cost spay/neuter clinics near me and email rescues to find out if they have an SNR program or can offer rescue rates. Lots of humane societies have low-cost spay/neuter as well. Your cats will be much happier in the longrun and so will you as you won't have to keep them separated all the time or deal with a cat in heat anymore (it's hell right? lol).

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most accurate way of finding out whether she is pregnant would be an ultrasound. If you did the acupressure technique to cause her to ovulate, it is possible that she may be having a false pregnancy, which could appear on the outside just like a real pregnancy. An ultrasound would give you better information.

Or she may have been also bred by one of your males and may be pregnant. The acupressure technique isn't a birth control method.

Is there a reason these cats are intact? It's difficult to prevent accidental pregnancy if you have both intact males and females. Cats are sneaky and determined to breed. Most areas have low cost clinics that can help, if cost is an issue.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am being mentored by a breeder and have been looking in the process of starting breeding but this one took me by surprise that’s why my cats are not spayed they have there own rooms I keep the male in his own room while being unsupervised and the female sleep in mine but I guess my niece had let the male out while I was at work and low and behold here I am by the time my husband called me I think it was to late my breeder has told me there is a chance she could be pregnant but that it could also be false due to the fact that I did the acupuncture technique I’m just here for some fellow advise yes I know about spaying and neutering my cats because of unwanted kittens and every thing else I have a black male cat who is spayed and everything it’s just my male and to female who are unaltered my last kitten was spayed befor being placed in her new home I’m am very aware of everything

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet dose not offer ultra sounds where I am located I checked and the place that dose is really far I took her in for a check up early on the the vet them selfs said they can not tell if it is Singhs of pregnancy due to how early I brought her but I have scheduled another appointment to double check

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FYI, it is not really a good idea to use the acupressure technique on a regular basis, as it can actually increase the chance your females will get pyometra. Ovulation without pregnancy is a risk factor for pyometra.

What was the date of breeding?

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did not know that I’ve only done it twice to her to see if it really worked but thank you for letting me know and the date the male was let out was on the 29th of Jan I do not know how many times they mated and even if they did mate I usually put them in the room and keep track but I didn’t have the options as you read on my earlier reply so I do not know if it’s if false of real but if it is real I guess all her symptoms make sense kinda she’s been very affectionate has been eating a lot but in small portions every time as if she’s picking at it . She dose not like when I try to touch her stomach she nips at my hand she’s been very aggressive towards the other cats in a sense like if they play to rough she lets out a his and a growl

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So it indeed turns out she is pregnant if I stare closely I can catch at least a few kicks there very faint based on that how far along would you guys say she is ... they aren’t full on kicks and movements

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is my chibi I do not know when she was mated seeing how this was an accident my male got loose at the time but she’s huge now I can see kitten movement have seen it for going on two weeks now but just a few days ago her nipples got really enlarged and full of milk like there huge now

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should deliver soon, within a few days. Have you got a box fixed up for her? She will be looking for a nest, and you don't want her to have them in the linen closet!

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She should deliver soon, within a few days. Have you got a box fixed up for her? She will be looking for a nest, and you don't want her to have them in the linen closet!
I did I bought a big litter box a domed one I find it easier for my queens cause it’s really spacy and it give them
Privacy I feel while me also being able to see inside if I need too plus it’s easier to line with paper and Blakets and change in between I’ve foundbut for some reason she dose not like it so I’m goin to get a cardboard box maybe she’ll take to that better but her appetite has been the same I read that sometimes they stop eating but with my other queen she ate up until her contractions came literately until they started lol just wondering if there are any other signs of labor then that