Not Sure if My New Mama Cat is Pregnant Again

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an almost one year old cat. And two 3 month old kittens. They get a long great. All gotten at seperate times. And nevee had a problem with each other. The kittens, Mylo and Myla are as close as can be. I felt bad for Malyki as he was older and didn't have anyone his size to play with. So we got another female cat. His age. None of the cats are fixed. But we've never had a problem with Malyki being territorial or spraying. But the new cat os being so mean. She has not stopped hissing since we brought her into the house. And she keeps attacking the other cats. I know thats normal. But what I don't understand is that, the person we got her from said that she was always nice with other cats. And that the only time she would attack is when she felt threatened. But my cats have never harmed her or even tried. So what I need help with is, the person also as I that the cat just had a litter. Not that long ago. But, a whole ago. Her nipples are still lactating. And she's still eating an uncontrollable amount. And she's bein more aggressive then when we got her. But extra loveable to us. She used to be an outside cat. So im not sure if she was pregnant, and then got pregnant again. I just need help figuring it out. I can't afford a vet visit right now. Seeing as though I've got rent to pay first. .-.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The main reason it is encouraged to have cats fixed is that they do not reproduce. Being territorial and spraying are part of cat behavior and even neutered/spayed cats will do these things. 

If your new cat gave birth a "whole time ago", was an outside cat before you got her and she is intact, she probably is pregnant . 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The woman that we got her from said that she had a litter already. She didn't exactly say how long it was. But im guessing her nipples wouldn't be as soft and pink as they are if it was a while ago. I felt her tummy but couldn't really feel any bumps or anything. So im not sure of its too soon to really tell or if im just missing it.

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. Found out she went I to labor and had the kittens the 7th of February. She hasn't had her kittens for while now. Her nipples are very soft and pink and she's eating like crazy. And being aggressive towards the male cats but veey loving to us. And I read somewhere that cats can get pregnant again while nursing. So she might have went outside and gotten pregnant again. But im not sure.

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. I know for sure that the cat I got is pregnant. Its very evident. I can see and feel the kittens in her especially when she os laying on her side. But, she is showing signs of being in heat. Shes putting hee butt up in the air and is very mouthy. Is this a sign of labor? Im not sure how far along she is due to the fact that o got her from someone. The person I got her from was hell bent that she wasn't pregnant, but I can see the kittens in her. I need help to know if she is going to have her babies soon. My male cat is not fixed and don't worry, is showing no interest in her of she actually is in heat. In fact, every time she walks towards him he growels and walks away. Weve still been keeping a close eye on them though and seperate them at night when we sleep. But I really need to know how far along she is. She isnt nesting, but I know not all cats immeadeatly nest when they are pregnant. But I know she jas to he due soon because how big she is. She even looks like she is having contractions. Please reply as soon as possible.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They can behave like in heat while pregnant.   Perhaps even be in heat.   So good you watch on your male.  Although this late in the pregnancy, its too late to get a new one litter parallelly.  (earlier its possible).

When she will deliver?  Very difficult to know, but less than 2 weeks for sure.

Quite a few cats nests first AFTER birth - in the nature, they dont want their nest to be soiled by all these fluids, to draw on themselves predators.  So they deliver somewhere safe, and move to their chosen nest afterwards...

I shall ask a mod to move this your post to our  Pregnant and Kitten forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When she has her butt up in the air it kind o. looks loke she is pushing. But there has been no real signs of actual labor.

And, how do I move the thread? Im new on here

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When she has her butt up in the air it kind o. looks loke she is pushing. But there has been no real signs of actual labor.

And, how do I move the thread? Im new on here
I have already asked a mod, so you dont need to do anything.

Its the red flag in the left down corner of your post, you get connected with the mods there.

Also, unless you are having the tom for a breeder to use, being his "substation", please consider to neuter your male asap.  This way you will lessen the problems with her...

And of course, also spay her when the kittens are more or less  weaned and she is more or less dried up.

prycekeeper9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. As we are all aware, I thought I had a pregnant cat. I thought she was getting closer to labor but she was acting like she was ready. She nested and all the good stuff. And then one day, poof. There wasn't a thing to be felt or seen in her stomach anymore. And I know that the stomach sometimes looks different after the have all moved to the birth canal. But there is literally nothing. Shes not even acting like she is anymore. Shes become more playful with the kittens. And now she is running around like a kitten. And she hasn't done that at all since I've had her. We checked every place possible in this house and there is nothing. Every time she eats now she gets sick. Like, about 5 minutes after she eats, she pukes. Im going to take her to the vet, but that's a little hard with no car. Im just not sure what is going on. Please help.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blunty, the most likely thing that happened is that she had them, they were premature and still born, and she ate them. I know this isn't pleasant to think of but it's what the cats do in the wild to make sure predators don't smell the dead carcasses and come for them.

The vomiting is a concern.  Please do get her to a vet as soon as you can.

LKO3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The woman that we got her from said that she had a litter already. She didn't exactly say how long it was. But im guessing her nipples wouldn't be as soft and pink as they are if it was a while ago. I felt her tummy but couldn't really feel any bumps or anything. So im not sure of its too soon to really tell or if im just missing it.

It's been a long time since you wrote this but can you tell me if you ever found any kittens or evidence that she had given birth?
How long had you had her before she finally started acting normal?