Not sure if cat is going through false pregnancy?

Taterwoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are keeping my moms intact male cat for her, when my gal goes into heat I’m caught him a few times on her. Like humping her back he could never reach the correct location (lol).
However it’s been a few weeks since she’s been humped or acted in heat. She kind of blew up out of no where and her nipples are pink, and there is clearly milk bags. It’s maybe been 40 weeks now if I were to guess.
Today however she doesn’t appear to even look pregnant? No sign of blood or birth. However she has been clingy to me, and been grooming her privates a little more often? I’ve looked around incase she had any. Nothing.
Could it be false pregnancy? What are the chances. Why is she not as big now? Still has boobs.
First pic she looked huge, second not as huge.
7EA60335-D86F-4384-AFED-DBCA6E1B5960.jpeg
951C3317-7FE2-4BE1-8A08-CE2E832C374A.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s been how many weeks since you caught the tom on your cat?

It’s difficult to say if she is pregnant or was pregnant; however, it sounds like she may be pregnant now if she wasn’t before.

How old is your cat?

Your mom’s intact male needs to be neutered.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she OK, no visible troubles??

IF so, she MAY still carry one or more, and these may be deliver alive and healthy...

IF she has visible troubles, which isnt regular labor, you must of course contact vet, probably asap...

How did the deceased kitten look? Furry and fully done, or visible premature?

T Taterwoman

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry about the deceased kitten. Was it fully developed?

How old is your cat?

How many weeks since she last mated?

Any plans to spay your cat or neuter your mom’s cat? The situation is not ideal. This is a pro-spay and neuter site. The male having open access to your female is not good.

T Taterwoman