Not sure how far along my cat is??

emily6481

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My siamese cat, Luna, is pregnant. My husband and I can't agree on date of conception. Can anyone give me an educated estimate on how far along you think she is? This is her first litter. She looks HUGE to me. Her nipples are large, funnel like, and swollen. A few days ago she started pulling the hair off around her nipples. We have been able to see and feel babies move for about 2 weeks now. She has become extra affectionate the past couple of days. She is still eating, but not nearly as much as a few weeks ago. She stays in my room all day sleeping. I tried to take her temp rectaley but it distressed her too much. I'm attaching pictures.
20210527_144103.jpg
20210527_144148.jpg
20210527_144006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be going in to labor pretty soon. You’re usually able to feel kittens about two weeks before birth. Should be any day now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily6481

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She should be going in to labor pretty soon. You’re usually able to feel kittens about two weeks before birth. Should be any day now!
I'm worrying because I'm scheduled to go out of town next Thursday and I don't want her to have them without me there.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would assume she’ll have then before then, but I could be wrong. I don’t know if it’s a possibility to set up a camera in your house, but that might be good to keep an eye on her. Will there be other people staying at your house while you’re gone?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My siamese cat, Luna, is pregnant. My husband and I can't agree on date of conception. Can anyone give me an educated estimate on how far along you think she is? This is her first litter. She looks HUGE to me. Her nipples are large, funnel like, and swollen. A few days ago she started pulling the hair off around her nipples. We have been able to see and feel babies move for about 2 weeks now. She has become extra affectionate the past couple of days. She is still eating, but not nearly as much as a few weeks ago. She stays in my room all day sleeping. I tried to take her temp rectaley but it distressed her too much. I'm attaching pictures.
As you have seen kittens move for 2 weeks now, its near! Days, at most a week.
Rub and massage her belly if she wishes.

And look out if she drops, ie suddenly seems less pregnant. Not all drops, but its common.
When this happens its just a day or two away.

Otherwise, its just to read on, prepare - and wait.

Get home a scale and some kmr or goats milk. " The double guarded is protected by God", as the proverb says. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily6481

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would assume she’ll have then before then, but I could be wrong. I don’t know if it’s a possibility to set up a camera in your house, but that might be good to keep an eye on her. Will there be other people staying at your house while you’re gone?
My Mother will be staying here to watch my children. My husband and I are going out of town for my 40th birthday. I just really don't want to miss her labor. She's my baby ❤

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. I understand. Let’s just pray that she has her kittens before or after!