Not So Good Ending Of A Purrtastic Day

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had just finished putting up the left overs from dinner when our littlest one darted under my foot as I stepped. As you can expect I stepped on her but thankfully she was not harmed as I felt the fur under my foot as she started to go squish and let myself fall over before my full weight (225 lbs) landed on her. My shaking of the house caused everyone to come running except Noka, who ran off to the back bedroom to hide.

Everyone was worried about me (I'm 50 and broken bones are not fun) but I was more worried about her. First words out of my mouth was "Find Noka. Make sure she is ok". It took turning the whole house upside down while shaking the treat bag to find her. I gave her a physical exam to make sure she had no broken bones, thankfully she didn't, but she is scared.

I'm not sure which scared her more. My stepping on her or my falling and make the house shake with all the noise.

Thanks for listening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It had an ending but it was not good way to end the day. She is scared of me right now but I will continue to coax her to stay around me but I have to work with both of them not to run under feet. I thought she learned that already when she slammed into my shin a few times while running through the house. Right now I ache due to pulling a 3 point landing on my knees and a fist to the floor. Everyone is still shook up over it, the furbabies and humans. We will see how things are in the morning.

Night everyone.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry, it was pretty traumatic for all involved, it sounds like. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow and that Noka is okay, too. :hugs: Let us know how you're all doing!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my! That sounds utterly terrifying, for everyone! I'm very glad to hear that no one has any broken bones. Get some rest if you can, and if you have bad bruises I highly recommend Solarcaine (or any similar sunburn remedy). It doesn't go very deep, so it won't obscure any signs of underlying injuries, and you should wash your hands thoroughly with soap after spraying it on because it tastes terrible and you don't want to get it in your food, but it's wonderful for bad bruises.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Noka started coming around me but only when I was sitting, later on. She is fine once she got over the scare. It took me a few days for the aches to fade but I'm doing fine also.

She does not dart under feet as much but she has not fully learned to avoid feet, yet.

Thank you for asking.