Not Really Sure Where To Post This...but Exciting News!

kat hamlin

"RESCUE" is my favorite breed
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, Maddie's Fund (google if unfamiliar with this great organization) has summer apprenticeships around the country that one can apply for--I applied to apprentice at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley's Kitten Nursery, and I was accepted!
I'm super excited to see how HSSV deals with the large numbers of kittens in their care and hopefully I'll get lots of good experience and tips and tricks to bring back home to our small rescue group.
The apprenticeship also includes a $1500 grant to our organization to cover travel and other expenses.
I'll be flying out to San Jose in July for a week at the Kitten Nursery.
My hope is that the experience will help me write out a Kitten Fostering Handbook for our organization, so we can better train and retain volunteers to foster kittens. We certainly need the foster families!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! All the best of luck on your summer apprenticeship which sounds amazing.:thumbsup: You will have to check in from time to time and let us know how it's going.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations. What an amazing opportunity.
And grant money for your rescue. How cool is that?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! :clap: It sounds like a great learning opportunity and richly deserved. :catrub: