Not "MANLY" to like cats!

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

I have known that my mother-in-law has not approved since we have adopted 2 cats within this past year.....but I thought maybe she just did`nt like cats....until recently she told my husband (her son) that she thinks it`s not "manly" for him to like cats....and that he should`nt be telling people how much he likes them and that he makes things for them etc.

I told him that I LOVE him all the more BECAUSE he loves the cats and dotes over them! (I`m the one who REALLY counts in his book, of course!)
Can you believe that anyone would say such a thing? GO FIGURE!
Linda
That is by far the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard!!! When did your favorite animal/pet rate how "Manly" or how "Womanly" you are?!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that the overwhelming consesus around here is that men who like cats are not a bit less manly if they prefer the feline persuasion- just smarter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I think that the overwhelming consesus around here is that men who like cats are not a bit less manly if they prefer the feline persuasion- just smarter
Right on Amy!!!

Linda, your MIL is silly.

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we first got our furbabies my hubby was so touched that they were so little and so cute that we just stood hugging and looking at them. I think it's very brave for a man to admit that he loves animals and also I love him more for that.