Not cat related but need suggestions...

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor babydog! I'm sure she will associate you with bringing her home, talking to her, babying her and getting her out of the hateful vets office! Hopefully, she is feeling better today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by CharmsDad
So how's she doing today?
I am pleased that she seems to be feeling a whole lot better today
She was up walking around with Nemo and seemed like she wasn't in a whole lot of pain either. I did notice that when she started to run with Nemo she stopped and started walking after a few running steps, so I know she is feeling it for sure. All in all she looks 100% better than yesterday
She has her appetite back and wants a whole lot of lovin too
She really is a beautiful and sweet girl

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's doing great. I know more and more vets are sending females home the day of the surgery. The animals always seem in such awful condition, but it helps in the recovery to get into a familiar environment, and since there is rarely anyone at the vet's office overnight it's actually safer to be home where someone will be around to watch. The "problem" is that the dog or cat seems to be in such awful condition this first night many people worry.

I'm happy for both you and Nakita.

George

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow does anyone know how to keep Nakita from running and rough-housing with Nemo? She seems to be getting along fine and not in a lot of pain now. I know that she does get tired easier than before her surgery. The vet told me not to let her do anything like this for 4 days, it has only been 2 days since her surgery.

I don't want to confine her to a small area but that looks like what I need to do in order for her to rest and stop the rough playing with Nemo. I hate to seperate them now since they have become such good friends.

Geez if I could only have recovered so quickly when I had surgery
I am glad that these two have become really great friends
I got the feeling that they could be double trouble if not properly supervised. That is a challenge I am willing to take on whole heartedly.

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keeping a Siberian calm? Oh, that's a challenge! You've got the right idea to keep her in a room. Harsh as it may seem, it really is in her best interest. A little play is probably OK, but for the next couple of days it is best if you keep her activity level under control. Do you have a crate? Keeping her locked in there when you're out may be a good idea too. Once she's healed enough it won't be an issue, but you have the absolutely most athletic and energetic breed of dog, and you have to keep her quite. I know it's a challenge, but a couple of days of grief (for you) is worth ensuring she heals well.

Been there plenty of times so I know what you're going through.

George