Not Cat Health But Health About Me ... Because My Cat Attacked Me

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, so in my last thread I did the full story but just know that my cat attacked me and scratched me in various places . In particular , my ankle got the most scratches. It is swollen and red and very hot. It’s been 2 days and it dosent go away. All of my other scratches are healing fine (except one that starting to bruise ¿) . I can walk still but too much standing will start to hurt and sometimes just laying makes the feeling (not pain but just an uncomfortable feeling ) spread to the rest of my foot and leg. Feels like when you loose circulation almsot imo. I cannot fully twist my ankle either. I’ve just used water and soap to wash and have put aloe Vera . I’ve searched the CSD and I sort of match the sympotom, my whole body feels hot and I did not get hungry today at all (all I ate was a McFlurry ,, and didn’t even finsih it!) , my ankle swollen.

Basically,, I hate going to doctors so I’m coming here instead ,, any advice on what I should do?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to the doctor. Sounds like your ankle is infected. This is pretty common with cat scratches since their claws have a lot of bacteria. This may be life threatening and needs to be treated.
You absolutely need to go to the doctor asap. It sounds like it's infected, and infected cat scratches can go bad really fast. The sooner its treated the quicker it will heal.
:yeah: You've been given good advice. You have an infection that needs to be taken care of. If it isn't it will only get worse, and it's already debilitating. However, if you do get it taken care of you should get better quickly.

No one blames you for not liking to go to the doctor, any more than we blame our cats for that, but occasionally it is necessary, for them, and for us.

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
most definitely -- time to see a doctor!! :agree:

red and hot to the touch means an infection. at this point you should/might be able to avoid being admitted to a hospital, but infections do progress to becoming very bad, life threatening situations.

i'm prone to developing infections from cuts, scratches, abrasions, etc. and i've dealt with cellulitis five times in my life -- not something that i ever want to have again. i don't like going to see doctors, but when i've had 'red, and hot to the touch' that doesn't get better......i know it's time to see the doctor, simply to avoid having to be admitted to the hospital.

as long as the infection has not become life threatening, the doctor will likely prescribe you a strong antibiotic for the infection. augmentin is a common antibiotic prescribed for cat bites.

we're here for you, and we can help you, be supportive, so that you do see a doctor. :hugs:

as long as you're not seeing red lines spreading out and away from the wound, you may not need to be admitted to the hospital. but waiting longer will likely mean that your wound gets to that point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
most definitely -- time to see a doctor!! :agree:

red and hot to the touch means an infection. at this point you should/might be able to avoid being admitted to a hospital, but infections do progress to becoming very bad, life threatening situations.

i'm prone to developing infections from cuts, scratches, abrasions, etc. and i've dealt with cellulitis five times in my life -- not something that i ever want to have again. i don't like going to see doctors, but when i've had 'red, and hot to the touch' that doesn't get better......i know it's time to see the doctor, simply to avoid having to be admitted to the hospital.

as long as the infection has not become life threatening, the doctor will likely prescribe you a strong antibiotic for the infection. augmentin is a common antibiotic prescribed for cat bites.

we're here for you, and we can help you, be supportive, so that you do see a doctor. :hugs:

as long as you're not seeing red lines spreading out and away from the wound, you may not need to be admitted to the hospital. but waiting longer will likely mean that your wound gets to that point.
Thanks for the advice. My ankle is getting a little better as I can walk better and it’s less swollen but still hot and swollen nonetheless. Will be going to doctor as everyone recommend !