Not another

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

I am glad to hear that man shot himself straight to hell, somehow you telling us that makes Dunkin's story a little easier to swallow right now.
I didn't know that was the end to Dunkin's story, but boy I LOVE it when justice is SO apparent!

for Shell.

And Taryn, for you and kitty! (To bring it all back around!)

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Karma has a strong play in this world. The man who put Dunkin through such terror and pain when the police went to arrest him (he was also charged with child abuse what a surprise
) The man took off on a bicycle and the police gave chase. The man was armed, he got into some sort of back alley trying to hide behind a dumpster and when the police got near he shot himself. No great loss.
Good 1 less p.o.s.
to bad there are thousands more to take his place.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell is so beautiful I hope everything turns out ok for her.

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

About breeding... I don't really have a problem with people spaying or neutering their cats, but sometimes I think... what if someone just spayed and neutered people because they think that there are too many homeless people that can't get medical attention? There are many homeless people who are living on the streets, unable to get medical attention, and we are not spaying and neutering them, are we?
Anthropomorphism at its finest. Motherhood is not fun for animals.
Male cats actually have a barbs/quills on their penis. When a female cat is in heat, they rape her.. cutting her up inside, they also bite and scratch her all over her body. Then, the moment the female cat runs another male finds her and does the same...and another..and another..it could be 30 males in a single night. Both the males and the females are prone to having problems with their reproductive system when they mate. Maybe it's the infection or the disease, or the repeat trauma. If they get cancer, the tumors can spread through their reproductive and urinary tracks. And cats are not like us, they don't have a sexual identity or miss their offspring when they are given away. So to "experience motherhood" isn't the same as humans. Motherhood will not make your pet healthier or happier. In fact, early spaying greatly reduces the incidence of mammary cancer, and eliminates infections of the uterus and ovaries.

Likewise fixing your male pet won't make him feel deprived or less masculine. Don’t confuse human sexuality with a dog or cat’s hormonal instincts. Neutering won’t cause any negative emotional reaction or identity crisis. In fact, just the opposite, it greatly reduces the risk of aggression, prostate and various testicular diseases. Animals run on instinct, not pride or concept of self and ego. The whole process isn't really that painful, and they don't even know what is going on.

We don't force sterilize humans for what would seem to be equally obvious reasons. Because besides not making a dent in the homeless population, the procedure presents a Nazi style gross violation of human rights that is very often accompanied by medical complications or even death. Spaying and neutering is equally humane. It is in fact the only way to end the cruel and unnatural overpopulation problem that will potentially save the lives of countless millions of animals every year.

I seriously can't believe I'm having to explain this...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw her the next night walking up the road from the rich people's houses. So she is yet another pet that belongs to rich people who don't bother to take care of them. Sylvester was from the same area. BTW- the cheapest house in the rich people area is over $550,000 and on over a acre of land. My parents own a nice house that is a little over 2600 sq ft with a decent sized yard and it's been appraised for a little over $200,000(in the next town over where everything is more expensive) so you have to have bucks to live in one of those houses and these aren't starter homes yet they won't fix their pets.

Haven't seen her since I'm assuming she went out of heat or found her way home and decided to not cross the RR tracks to come over here since it is quite a hike from where she was coming from.

I hope she is ok and that she got lost and found her way back home.

If I found a pet with a collar as long as it's in good condition and obviously fixed(males, females are hard to tell) I'm not going to bother it. No collar I'm going to do what I have to do.

Taryn

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would do the exact same thing as well. Also, even when we trap a stray, the vet scans for chips too just in case it is a lost pet that somebody is missing and loves. That would the best outcome for the stray, and would make me so happy to have been able to return a lost loved pet to their owner. Unfortunately in most of our cases they are unowned feral cats in need of s/n and medical care. Must be very frustrating for you to have a neighbor like. And it sounds like money is no object, I wonder if she is not aware of the serious consequences she is contributing too by letting her cat roam. Maybe the cat is spayed? Hope Runt is doing better too